First charity shop experience

104 posts Page 7 of 7

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 am
I love Dorset and Somerset (I have relatives there) and would happily live in either but out of choice it would probably be Cornwall.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:44 pm
I'm a Middlesex girl, born in Ashford and brought up in Staines. If I could live anywhere in the UK it would be Dorset or Somerset, preferably Lyme Regis!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 pm
I have so many places to visit in the UK, I've never been to London (apart from Upton Park) and never been down south. I really do need to visit these places. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:14 pm
I've never been to the Northeast of the country and the only places in the Northwest have been Manchester and Blackpool, and I wouldn't go back to the latter again!

Other than that we've passed through the north on the M6 on the way to Scotland.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:20 pm
Yorkshire lass here! n still stuck in the same town I was born in! And I can name the places Ive been to on one hand [:I][:)]

Ps: Jan, North Yorkshire is brilliant n so different to Blackpool![:D]
Last edited by MrsKnight on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:20 pm
Never been to Scotland either Jan, been to Blackpool many many years ago and go to Manchester very often x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 pm
I've only been into Manchester properly once, the rest of the time it's been the airport.

Scotland is a lovely place, especially the Highlands.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:34 pm
Manchester is ok, but I don't want to live there I know that much, I love visiting my family as it's such a different lifestyle to that of our small market town, my Brother thinks where I live is a place to retire to, he's probably right but it'll do for me x

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:39 pm
I just caught up with this thread again. I spent some time 20 odd years ago in Tipton and Dudley(mostly drinking at weekends).

Whats the name of the pub thats all squint,is it the crooked inn or something,seem to remember a pub that did desperate dam cowpies and if you ate the whole thing you got it for free?!?

I think the accents down there are brilliant and so easy to copy,even for a scot like me!!

yam think its easy talkin like that!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:48 pm
That's why we're called yammers Paul!

The pub you're talking about is really called The Glynne Arms, but it is referred to as The Crooked House. Brilliant place.

The place with the Desperate Dan pies was Dudley way but I can't remember what it was called
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:09 pm
My neighbour is from Dudley and hubby does a great impression of him. Give him enough drink at the FF and he'll do his Graham impression!

You seen 'Keeping up appearances' on TV? Hyacinth Bucket....well it's like that here as hubby surveys the area from the bay window before he'll go out and was van and car or do anything out the front as Graham is always talking to him and wanting help for this or that x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:35 pm
One of our neighbours watches for us to go past on a Saturday and Sunday with the dogs and comes rushing out with his dog to join us.

Nice bloke but you can't get away from him when you get back as he can talk for England.
Bob Marley.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:18 pm
kallis3 wrote:

That's why we're called yammers Paul!

The pub you're talking about is really called The Glynne Arms, but it is referred to as The Crooked House. Brilliant place.

The place with the Desperate Dan pies was Dudley way but I can't remember what it was called
It may be Mad o Rourkes steak and pie factory Lower Gornal?? I just searched for it,its changed hands recently and it was 20 years ago that I was there last so it may be the wrong one!!

The crooked house was brilliant(although I was often that drunk it all looked normal to me!!!)[;)]

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:04 am
It could be Paul, it's been a long time since I went to that neck of the woods.

Crooked house is great, makes you feel really strange when you walk in, and I used to love watching the coins roll uphill on the manlepiece!
Bob Marley.
104 posts Page 7 of 7
Return to “money saving tips”