first direct and the iva

3 posts Page 1 of 1

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:42 pm
I recently opened a First Direct account when I started the iva process and now I am reading about them closing down accounts if you are in an iva. Is this really the case and should I get out before I am in an iva or just wait?I thought about approaching The Clydesdale Bank and wondered if anyone had any experience with them regarding IVAs. Still waiting for my creditors meeting so everything seems to in limbo but I remain positive and resolute!!
jellybean

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 pm
They are known to close down accounts of people in IVAs so you would be wise to look around for another bank. I gather than the Co-=op are very supportive so they may be worth a try.

Has your IP not given you any advice about bank accounts as part of the process you are going through?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:34 am
We did exactly the same, they didn't cotton on to our IVA for nearly six months after the account was opened and then the Friday before Christmas sent us a letter giving us 28 days notice of our account being closed due to the IVA.

I suggest you locate alternative banking now - try Co-Op Smile Internet Banking or Halifax easy cash account - we got both accounts whilst in our IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”