first tentative steps into an IVA

4 posts Page 1 of 1

leejm

Post by leejm » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 pm
Hi there. I'm just making my first tentative steps into an IVA. Can you advise me as to what paperweork will be required by a practitioner should I go through with an application. I'm assuming bank statements, payslips and lease aggreements for my house. Many thanks in advance

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:55 pm
Hi leejm and welcome to the forum

It does vary I think rom IP to IP but if you get ready all your latest statements, balances, 3 months bank statements, a few months payslips and you house agreements as I think most will require these.

Have you taken advice from an IP yet?
You may want to have a look on www.iva.com for reviews as this is very helpful and the forum is great for support and help along the way.
My advice is you can never be too informd and ask all the questions you need to and also to spend a lot of time on you income & expenditure making sure it is 100% accurate and nothing is left out.

Good luck
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:58 pm
Hi there

I generally ask for the following documents, but it does vary from IP to IP:-

Property valuation/rental agreement
Mortgage/secured loan redemption statements
Car HP or other HP agreements
Wage-slips or trading accounts
Trading projections (if self-employed)
Pension or other benefits
Photographic ID
Council Tax bill
Bank statements
Creditor statements of account
Loan agreements

This list is not exhaustive, but I hope it helps a bit.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

leejm

Post by leejm » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 am
Thanks again for the response. As i said i'm just making my first enquiries at the moment. I'm currently on a debt management plan and being helped (enormously) by the CCCS, however, one of the creditors is contiuing to charge me £40 interest a month and i feel like i'm getting nowehere.

I've been on the DMP for nearly two years now and wish i'd have looked at the IVA sooner. I'll keep you updated on my progress. This site is a great find and very supportive. Thank you
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”