First Time I've Done This

23 posts Page 2 of 2

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:33 pm
Oh Annied, I really feel for you. Please keep posting, we are all here to support you and once you have spoken to Melanie you will feel a lot better, I know I did. Hang in there, your health and wellbeing is more important than any debt. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

annied

Post by annied » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:08 pm
Hi - thanks for hyour lovely reply - you are right - I know - it's just really scary right now. I can't believe that one thing going wrong could cause our lives to implode in the matter of weeks. I spoke to one of Melanie's team yesterday for about 2 hours - she was wonderful - and I did feel a lot better afterwards - but I still woke up at 1a.m. this morning in a state of panic. It's knowing that our lives are going to change completely in the next couple of weeks and I'm just not prepared. I guess its just one step at a time but we are both in our 40's and there isn't all that much time to start over once this hell on earth gets concluded. All of our plans for the future are gone and it's difficult to accept it right now. Sorry for bleating away.........

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:17 pm
Annie, these feelings are natural, you've admitted you have problems, and are now going to do something postive about them.

If you do an IVA, you will be debt free in a few years, and in your 40's there's plenty of time left afterwards to rebuild your life. I'm 54 and hubby is 61, so we're even older.

It's not easy, you won't have a lot of spare money, but at least you know that you will be able to pay those bills, there'll be no nasty surprises coming through the door or on the end of the phone, and you will be able to take charge again.

Melanie is highly recommended, and I don't think you could be in safer hands.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:33 pm
These feelings are very natural Annie.d and will probably recur a lot over the next couple of weeks as you determine whether your are on the right road for the future. The trick is to not push the issue away but confront it in a logical manner and do not forget that this is all about YOU and you must make the right decision for your future.

You would not be taking your debt situation seriously if you did not have these worries, but try and not let them take over as you have made the very first step which is always the hardest.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:01 pm
hi annie!

just wondered how you are today and to say although i have no answers to your problems i and lots of others are on here to support you, you are amongst friends and most of us in one way or another have been in debt and frightened and lonely, none of us will judge you, just support you, so please keep on posting, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel!

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

annied

Post by annied » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:16 am
Hello

Thanks for all those lovely messages - much appreciated. Things have a bit further to go downwards I think before they start getting better - these are dark times - but I promise I have taken your comments on board and that at some point I will see the way forwards. Hopefully this week will - with the help of others - perhaps see the right way out

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:25 am
I hope so Annied, please stay in touch with the forum and let us all know how you get on, we're all here for you. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:32 am
annied...keep pressing forward...you will get there.....keep us informed...
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “IVA expenditure allowances”