Flying by

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:39 pm
I realised today, it's a year since I made an emergency dash to work on a Saturday morning with my new bank details as it was the last day to change payroll info and my co-op card had just turned up. I was getting ready to start my IVA, awaiting my callback from Stepchange to gather all the additional information and start to draft my agreement. As soon as I had set up pay roll, I went home and amended my direct debit details for my utility bills. The pressure was already beginning to ease.

I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by now I am not constantly stressed. I figured out my payment to date and marvelled at such a figure, £2500 gone out already. Quite scary to think I was paying that to debts in the past (and more!) and yet never making a dent into repaying them. In 4 years I will be able to start to save that kind of figure!

Last year my blood pressure was sky high with worry and I wasn't sleeping well. I admit it's no bed of roses, but sleep and blood pressure are greatly improved, diet is better now I can shop properly, I have actually lost weight as I am eating more healthily and planning meals. Sometimes I smile to myself as I walk between the big supermarkets as I know I can get my deodorant £1 cheaper on offer over the road in the other one (luckily they are all quite close together) and the walking is good for me. Especially for the odd branded bits, I plan before I go out and check online to see where I can get the items at the lowest cost. And of course, Aldi is my friend.

Also, thanks to this forum as I often lurk and read posts (even those spammers posting at 5am!) I feel I have learned so much along the way, and recently seen so many positive happy outcomes of completions. I'm enjoying a positive moment tonight, despite work tomorrow, and may even have a glass of amaretto (not had a drink in months!)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:46 pm
It is amazing how quickly the time does pass -- looking forward at the beginning it does seem daunting, but those reviews come around surprisingly quickly!

A lot depends on attitude as well --- work with the IVA and roll with it. Save a lot of angst !

And those spammers ---- luluj usually manages to shoot the early risers down and Kallis and I catch the stragglers :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:47 pm
Great post Mrs_Brown. I was, like you, amazed at just how calm I was after just 1 year of being in my IVA. Even the postman couldn't believe how few bills he had delivered to me :D :D . We still shop like we had to during the IVA, but do 'slip' now and again when we see something nice, but it has to be at the right price (cheap).
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm
I love your pist!
Could be me writing that a few years ago!
We are now at the end and fingers crossed waiting a CC through the post in a few
weeks/months time! (sooner rather than later i hope!)
So glad you are settling into it. The first half seems to drag a bit but the second half flies by!
And Im also glad Im not the only one who sees the multiple spam posts at silly oclock!!!!!!!
Take care and hope you have a smooth iva journey

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:47 am
Great post ...well done. Thats 20% of your iva completed ... one fifth .... whatever way you like to count it you are on your way to debt freedom.

Stay focused x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:46 am
Great post.

Regards
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:19 pm
So pleased for you and glad everything is going ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:53 pm
abbiesmum2003 wrote:
I love your pist!
Mmmmm I am sure you were not trying to imply that she has taken to celebrating early?? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:52 pm
FormerlyST1100 wrote:
abbiesmum2003 wrote:
I love your pist!
Mmmmm I am sure you were not trying to imply that she has taken to celebrating early?? :shock: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:33 pm
Hahaha!! I did have a horrible headache today, but don't think it was the amaretto, although I probably did drink more than one measure. I'm too poor to have luxuries like owning a measuring tool (my excuse and I am sticking to it!)

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:13 pm
Mrs_Brown wrote:
Hahaha!! I did have a horrible headache today, but don't think it was the amaretto, although I probably did drink more than one measure. I'm too poor to have luxuries like owning a measuring tool (my excuse and I am sticking to it!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

katana2471

Post by katana2471 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:17 pm
Great news I have 4 years to go
And look forward to the day my last payment goes out...
2 years ago seems like yesterday foggy was there for me ..then
Great help for advice
Was so scary to start my iva ...
Good luck
It's no walk in the park believe me...
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”