Follow up letter after 28 days if you get no joy

2 posts Page 1 of 1

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:04 am
I came across this follow-up letter on MSE, credit goes to Fermi who posted it on there, but such a excellent follow up letter may be of use to anyone who had no joy from the initial letter sent.

I've slightly adapted it for a IVA as originally it related to Bankruptcy. All the same rules apply for the IVA though.....

---------------------------

FINAL REMINDER.

NOTICE - LETTER BEFORE ACTION – BREACH OF THE DATA PROTECTION ACT BY [NAME OF CREDITOR].

Dear DATA CONTROLLER,

I refer to my letter dated XX/XX/XXXX and received at the registered address of your Data Controller on XX/XX/XXXX. Proof of your receipt of this is attached.

In my letter I required you to correct the information on my Credit Reference Files in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.

I entered an IVA on XX/XX/XXXX and subsequently completed the IVA on XX/XX/XXXX, and an account held with [NAME OF CREDITOR] at the time was covered by this IVA.

Namely:

[ENTER ALL KNOWN DETAILS OF THE ACCOUNT IN QUESTION]

For your convenience I also included with my initial letter:

[ATTACH A COPY OF WHAT YOU SENT IN YOUR FIRST LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR COMPLETION CERTIFICATE]

I required that you:

- Mark these accounts in some way to indicate that these accounts are settled or satisfied.

- Amend the default entry to be no later than [START DATE OF YOUR IVA], in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

You had 28 days to correct this information.

You have so far failed to comply with this request and your obligations under the Data Protection Act.

Therefore I wish to remind you of your obligations and give you a final chance to correct the information.

You have 28 days from receipt of this letter to do so.

Should you fail to make the corrections required, further formal action will be taken, and a complaint registered with the Information Commissioner and Financial Ombudsman Service.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully

A N Other
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:19 am
Again good idea to send this recorded delivery. If you get no joy with this follow up with a complaint to the ICO / Financial Ombudsman Service with all the details and copies of letters sent, along with the Proof Of Delivery.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”