Food Shopping - Get it delivered !

31 posts Page 1 of 3

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:03 pm
Over the last few weeks I have had to have the shopping delivered as my back has not being playing ball ! On an average week our shopping was costing be between £70-£80 a week for two of us ! Yes I know it is too much........well having now had it delivered for last three weeks our food bill is now £50-£55 a week and that includes fresh veg, meat and a bottle or two of wine each week ...... the delivery charge is included in this as well.....
I now only buy what we need not what we fancy when we are in the store....the amount of food waste has reduced and very rarely do I not use up all that is in the frdige each week !
I plan out meals out so order just what is needed, and our portion sizes have reduced so a bag of pasta now lasts alot longer !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:08 pm
That's something I have never wanted to do. I like to check the quality of fresh fruit and veg and have never fancied having a substitute of their choice if they don't have what I want.

Couldn't really justify it from Tesco - its only half a mile up the road from me!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:16 pm
Tesco is my corner shop - never had a bad bit of fruit and veg and any substitutes I don't want they return for me !
It works for me and saves money, but I can understand why some people wouldn't do - each to their own !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:20 pm
Too true. I like to look at the reduced stuff as well, especially in Asda.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:46 pm
I tried online shopping but I had to send so much of it back it wasn't worth it!

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:13 pm
I've often wondered if I could save money shopping online as I always end up getting tempted by 'treats'. I might lose some weight too!!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:52 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Broke of London

I've often wondered if I could save money shopping online as I always end up getting tempted by 'treats'. I might lose some weight too!!!
There is that(the not getting tempted), but also you miss out on any good offers.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:15 pm
I have to admit I don't really look for offers - I usually stick to my list. If anything on the list is on offer I buy it but I don't tend to look for other offers.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:24 pm
We go shopping with a list but if anything that we would normally buy, even if we don't need it, is on offer then I will stock up. I just like to sort out my fresh veg for myself.

Our local Tesco isn't very good for fresh veg at all.
Bob Marley.

oscar

Post by oscar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 am
I find that by doing one monthly shop from Asda usually with a free delivery which I find online and by getting fruit veg and cooked meat myself from Aldi I can make money go a lot further by swapping things for special offers on different makes etc. Also we buy so much dog food that my old car would probably break down (not to mention my arthritic fingers) if I tried to get 84 dog food tins 34 kilos of Wagg plus our monthly shop in there and I like to know that we have everything the dogs need especially then what's left is ours. Oscar x
http://rollercoaster.blogs.iva.co.uk/

need to smile today? go on check out my blogs - I'll add to them regularly
Our IVA's over YIPPEE unbelievable!Seems like yesterday it was approved despite everything

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:08 am
We go shopping to Asda once a week, tinned dog food comes from there and the complete Chappie from the local pet shop. Top up shop is from Tesco.

Local butchers for meat and local bakery for bread (just need the candlestick maker to complete the three!!!!!!!!). Had a huge leg of lamb from the butcher yesterday for just £6.50 and that will do us for next weekend when we'll have a houseful for Sunday lunch!

It does help that my daughter works for Asda so gets 10% discount which I am also able to use. It really makes a difference.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:23 am
I am always armed with a list, I plan my meals before I go and don't vary much off the list but if there is a particularly good special offer I will buy it x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 am
Must admit that we never plan the meals but usually replace the things we have used during the previous week and also get stuff on special offer, even if we don't need it at that particular point.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:54 am
We buy our chicken from the butchers, any other meat comes from the market and fish comes from a local wholesaler. I usually shop at Sainsburys as I don't rate Tesco for fruit and veg and we haven't got an Asda near us.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 am
Fish we have delivered from Grimsby every three months or so. It's not cheap but it is excellent.

I love Sainsburys but find it expensive compared with the others.
Bob Marley.
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “tips for IVA success”