Food Shopping - Get it delivered !

31 posts Page 2 of 3

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:58 am
I use Sainsburys for home delivery and then stop for a couple of months and then they always send a voucher for about £10 off my next shop because I havn't used them for a while x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:13 am
I don't find Sainsburys any more expensive to be honest. They are now also price matching with other supermarkets so you get a voucher for your next shop if you could have got the shopping cheaper elsewhere.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:15 am
I do find ours quite expensive but then I do get the discount with Asda so that does sway me a little bit!!!!!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:33 am
That's true, it would sway me as well! I used to shop at Tesco but I've found there's not a lot of difference in price but Sainsburys is better quality and closer for me. We don't have Asda close by so although it's cheaper I'd be wasting money on petrol.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 am
Our Tesco can be total rubbish at times but we do just use it as a top up and it's only half a mile away (Sainsburys is a couple of miles) so Asda and Tesco win at the moment.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:45 pm
I prefer Sainsbury, I get taken there now as daughter can drive, it's her job to drive me there and back, so it's sort of delivered lol x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:54 pm
I have my own personal shopper and delivery from Sainsburys [:D]

To be honest,I wouldn't know where to start if I had to go to a supermarket!

Home delivery seems hit and miss. I guess the temptation of impulse buying is removed, but they tend to put alternative substitutes in the delivery...which are not always appropriate.

TeetersOnHeels

Post by TeetersOnHeels » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 pm
I use online shopping twice a month for a big shop. Have always used Tesco's and never had a problem. I top up once a week on my way to work -usually at about 6.45am when I haven't got time to browse (and spend!).
I started online deliverys when my back was bad, and haven't done a big shop in a supermarket since.
Both Sainsburys & Tesco are within a mile's drive from my house, but unfortunately I tend to succumb to temptation if I'm strolling round with a trolley [:0]
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:18 pm
I don't particularly like food shopping but do prefer to do it instore rather than online.

I've seen the state of some of the fruit and veg at our local Tesco and Asda so would rather pick it for myself.
Bob Marley.

lem

Post by lem » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:23 am
I have tried online food shopping but wasn't impressed with the fruit and veg they picked for me, however, I now don't buy my fruit and veg from any supermarket as it's just too expensive compared to a local little shop I found, the nearest supermarket to me is 8 miles away so I can never just nip and have to plan plan plan to make the most of the trip really. I don't get my meat from there either as I think it's poor quality, even the fish is rubbish so I get that from a fishman who comes on a saturday morning

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:49 am
I would never use Tesco again for home delivery - the last time I used them we lived in a first floor flat and the lazy so and so of a driver said I'd have to go down and get my shopping as it was against health and safety for him to carry it up the stairs! After a lot of arguing he did it, but when I tried to complain to Tesco they weren't interested and just said he was trying it on and there was nothing they could do! That just about sums up their customer service!

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:03 pm
I tend to do 1 on-line shop per month from Asda as the store is 25 miles away. It works out cheaper than driving there. I get loads of heavy items and then do top-up shoping in Tesco (7 miles) but go straight from work to save on fuel.

Meat I get from the farmer next door for the freezer (or our own sheep) and fruit and veg from market or our own in the polytunnel.

I think I am lucky working part time as I can spend ages on-line checking prices between Tesco and Asda and buy accordingly.

Would never have bothered with any of this pre - iva so that's another thing I have learnt in the last 5 months!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

lem

Post by lem » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:23 pm
That sounds a lot like us Kazza, I'm planning on growing a lot of our own veg come the new year, have already prepared the space so hopefully this might save us a bit next year

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:26 pm
I'm afraid all we grow are strawberries, apples and rhubarb. Don't have a big enough garden to do anything else.
Bob Marley.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:31 pm
Next year, it's onions, tomatoes and peppers only. Everything else (potatoes and carrots mainly) we have found it's cheaper to buy from our farm shop and the quality is excellent.

We make so much of our own meals that the 3 above needs to be grown in abundance so they can take all the room they want!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “tips for IVA success”