Forum is freaking me out.

16 posts Page 1 of 2

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:25 am
What a wonderful weekend. I have read some of the posts this morning and i feel that some of them has tapped into my feelings of insecurity with my IP provider and exposure to having my name visible on the register. I don't feel comfortable to post with my IP provider posting and is probably what is freaking me out actually. My heart jumps when i read of problems with BE, and there is no way out for me for the next 5 years.I am trapped if it all goes wrong.I don't want BE to know my everyday business anymore, I am a client and feel the need to keep my relationship purely professional, and private.#13;#10;#13;#10;

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:29 am
- you still have your full name detailed in your profile. If you are concerned about your IP provider knowing who you are I would remove that entry asap.

It would be a real shame if you stopped posting on the forum as the support you give other forum members is extremely valuable. And when you are cross and you use the stars it does make me smile!!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:32 am
Quark, I agree with Melanie, it would be a real shame if you didn't post. Another forum member felt the same not so long ago and she deleted her name in her profile and had her username changes, you could always ask Admin to do that. The people here that know you would still know it's you and I'm sure BE don't scan this forum too often. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 am
I know what you mean Quark, it's as though we have to watch what we say incase we are are identified and are penalised...I must say BE doesn't really affect me with me being br but I know I wouldn't want the OR dealing with mine or hubby's br posting and reading my postings when I'm letting off steam!! I suppose they have a place on the forum, the same as Melanie and the other experts but I must admit I felt quite uneasy when they were discussing the case the other week on the forum, even though the info they posted wasn't indepth, it was specific to that person and I thought it unprofessional. Maybe that's why they advise to get in touch with them now......
It's nice to be back......

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:52 am
If you change you username quark, you could give us a "hint" that it's you.....we'd know, but they wouldn't![;)] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:53 am
you could re register using another alias but do not give your real name, that way no one will know who you are. Although the forum is a means of support for those in financial difficulty and helps many through the desperate days both at the beggining of the journey and during it, its open to everyone. IPs, IVA companies and creditors have full access. If you want to keep certain information private then you can. I only tell a few from the forum the full story, via email as they have become my friends now. We all need to share sometimes, it deepens relationships, but it also makes us vunerable. That might be the best way forward for you also, share intimately with a few and a brief outline to the many.

Good luck and please keep posting.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:54 am
Just a suggestion Quark, don't use ** .......lol [}:)]

** edited by admin [:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:16 am
Chris, I don't think he has a choice with that - it's something to do with the fact that he is using an Apple computer.

Quark, please don't let this stop you from posting. I was beginning to wonder where you were as we hadn't heard anything for a while.

Fortunately, if my IP was to post on here, they wouldn't have a clue who I was!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:35 am
Really Jan? I've wondered why his posts always contain that...I thought it was just his little signature type thing. [:I] I feel a right narna now, lol

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:39 am
I suppose it has become his signature really. We've all got used to it.[:)]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:47 am
We've made you a little more anonymous now .. no more 'signature' [:)] Hope that helps ?
cheers admin
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:58 am
I will keep posting.BE are a huge firm.Melanie and her team have the human touch,and that allows you to feel confident,less of a number and thoroughly respected.Remember i have received 2 arrears letters from them before my payments are due to start though. I am dreading the 1st of the month just in case they take the whole of my salary due to some error in their system. Maybe that is what i am nervous about ? And the sense of wanting to be completely in control. It's one thing admitting you are in debt, another thing seeing your name on the register, then another thing finding a fantastic forum and feeling free to discuss anything you like, and then seeing your IP provider posting "helpful" advice. Can anyone understand what i mean ? It's like a really sustained punishment and a being watched.They are having half my sodding salary and ££££'s before any of my creditors see any of it.Grrrrrrrrrrrr.I don't want to get cross it's too hot !

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:19 pm
I can see where you are coming from Quark.

Do you have a DD or Standing Order set up? If it is a standing order then you control the amount that goes out.

I wouldn't worry though, I am sure they will only take out the one payment.
Bob Marley.

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:27 pm
DD.I just want them to take what amount i have my head round now.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:35 pm
I'm sure that's all they will take. After all, they have to leave you money to live on for the rest of the month.

Just remember to check your bank on the 1st and that should put your mind at rest.
Bob Marley.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for july”