Forum ?

8 posts Page 1 of 1

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:57 pm
Just wondering how long this forum had been up and running and how did it start ?
IVA completed

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Hi
The forum was launched in Jan 2006 and I started posting in April 2006 as Neverending.I remember back then we had just over 100 members,we now have over 4600,some 20 months later.
There was very little information available to Joe Public with regards to IVAs back then hence the IVA.co.uk website set up the forum.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and Website Manager

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:55 pm
I wish I'd found the forum sooner as I might have done things a bit differently. I've had so much good advice from the forum and I don't think I would have coped as well as I have without it - thanks to Melanie for the technical advice and everyone else for the advice and moral support!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 pm
Totally agree and it really helped me in a difficult situation.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:38 pm
January seems to have been the busiest month ever on the forum (unfortunatly[:(])
It takes me so much longer to catch up on all the posts when logging on.
While I am glad more people are finding the forum and getting help and advice it does sadden me to see the amount of posts [:(]

In 2008 the forum will be a lifeline to many more people out there, as it was, and still continues to be, for me
E x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:49 pm
To echo Skippy's post.
I too wish i had found this forum a long time ago. It's a great source of information and support.
Also, Emma's post, there do seem to be more and more people needing the services of this site since the turn of the year, a sad reflection of the hard times ahead for many people i believe.
Lets hope the forum goes from strength to strength.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

james.c

Post by james.c » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:30 am
like every one i agree i wished i had found this forumn early, even going through the IVA i had sleepless night, were i would not have done if i had known of this forumn.

To me the best thing that could happen is when someone starts to speak to an IP about an IVA and sends information out the IP should tell people to use this forumn.

Melaine can I ask if you as an IP ever recommend this forumn to your clients?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:39 am
I absolutely do James. And the advice they get from the people that are best qualified - ie all of you who have lived or are living the experience - makes a real difference. My clients who have been following the forum are far better informed than those who have not discovered it, and I think sometimes they know more about IVAs than I do!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for january”