Free gambling book

11 posts Page 1 of 1

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:01 pm
I have been given the opportunity to give my book away for free for anyone who has a Kindle - its called the insanity of gambling and its the story of how I made every excuse under the sun, my mind-set at the time and how I finally addressed the problem but ran up huge debts - I did not even admit in the early days on here how I accumulated the debt - my attitude was that if I covered it up I would believe my own story.

One I had stopped the transformation was slow - and I went into my IVA with an attitude that totally was not appropriate for the commitment. I felt the world owed me a living and I should be given a second chance once I had took the steps to stop gambling. Now I am glad that I earned my chance and didn't have it given. The IVA is mentioned in more amusing context and is written as I felt at the time as its all about honesty.

With gambling, there is always a knock on effect of the bad decisions and the choice to gamble overrides any opportunities and creates different person within an individual.

The book is free on Kindle until Thursday at midnight, its meant to have plenty of funny bits in but that is to counteract the doom and gloom and if anyone in particular has a problem with gambling - see how a person can become zombie-fied, hypnotised and the 'its everyone's fault but mine" attitude.

Some of the humbleness from the moderators on here in particular was an important step in my growing up and accepting things were my fault and not anyone else's. So please get in and download and enjoy the read while its free - type the insanity of gambling and you will see a picture of me riding my bike in my flat cap. If your feeling generous than drop a review.
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:33 pm
I don't have a Kindle, so will miss out on this opportunity. I will never suffer the addiction of gambling but am not hard enough to not believe that it is something that I may have fallen into but was just lucky enough that I didn't. Good luck Radish and I hope you make a success out of your book writing endeavours and hope that it could save someone from falling into debt this way.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:24 am
Radish ..what a great offer to our fellow iva'ers who may be going through or gone through a similar journey. Going to take a look for your book and have a read.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:46 am
I have dowmloaded said book and will have a read. I am sure it will be a useful story for those with gambling problems as well as those in IVA's generally. Gambling does, I fear, play a part in many IVA stories.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:48 am
Thanks for the comments. I intent to give it away for free as much as I am allowed, which is 5 days per three months so if anyone missed it simply keep looking out. Its mainly aimed at the mindset of how an addict thinks and the knock on effect of making bad decisions - its not a self help - more of an awareness of the cost of leaving it too long to address a problem. Nothing is readable without humour so I try to throw a few laughs in along the way. Some of the opinions are how I felt at the time - not how I feel now.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:09 am
I have just finished reading this book and must say that it was a compelling read. I have never fallen foul of the gambling addiction and it was very interesting to learn about how it feels and how it affects the gambler as well as those around them.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:58 am
Sorry late replying, been on holiday (soooooo hard coming back to work after being away) thanks for the nice comment Foggy. Glad you enjoyed especially as some of your advice over the years has really helped me.

lisakent86

Post by lisakent86 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:59 pm
I have not found any gambling book link here. Can anyone help me to get the link? I am interested in reading this book.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 pm
Link has expired, Lisa. It is an old thread.

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:36 pm
I did put the book (on kindle) for free again earlier this year. I have since wrote a second book (insanity of gambling 2) and I do try to give it away for the maximum that I am allowed. I never wrote the book for profit and I do give donations to my local GA meetings, there isn't much profit in writing, but telling of my own mistakes might highlight the dangers of the addiction, its not meant as a guide, but it tells of how I addressed the problem and found abstinence. How can I guy who gambled from being aged 17 to 44 give anyone advice? But I can share the experiences and the mind-set. Thankfully 9 years clean.

Radish

Post by Radish » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:09 pm
Insanity of gambling 2 consequences free on amazon UK All weekend... I post when I'm giving away šŸ˜ My choice to gambling was a major part of my IVA Problem
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to ā€œComplaints procedureā€