freecycle.........

3 posts Page 1 of 1

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:42 am
Not sure where this should go, ** I'm sure admin will find the right spot for it.....
There's a group on yahoo that enables people to recycle thing, works great for when your having a clean out and need the room. The basis is that people offer or request goods, free of charge. I've only just found it and already I've cleared a bit space in my garage-it's bursting since we moved!!!!!!
It's amazing what's on there and the groups are local to you so easy for collection. Gives you a good feeling also, helping someone out.
It's great if like me, you hate to throw things away that you don't have a use for anymore but is still in good condition.

** how about money saving tips - for the moment? If it gathers momentum, we'll give it its own heading [:)]
admin
It's nice to be back......

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:14 am
Hi chris

I think there is a centre near me, but I wondered how they opperate?

Do the sell donated items to cover the running costs of having a warehouse, or does it all go free or to charity?

have some bits I am trying to get rid of - don't want to advertise as do not want a lot of calls or people comming round to see items.
I tried to give two large items of exercise equipment to Oxfam as they have a large item and furniture store near me but they were not interested!!

Will look into the freecycle thingy[:)]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:44 am
It's just people in your area who have stuff to get rid of and wanting stuff. I thought it was good as I've found loads of stuff, due to us moving house, that's still good but we have no use of and would probably find it difficult to sell so they would be thrown away. It's an excellent way of recycling items and like I say, gives you the 'feel good' factor as your helping someone out, while you can save money aswell. Might not be ebay where you can make money but it's not costing anything either. What I would say though is anything that is valuable that you don't want, sell it as it would be silly not too......
It's nice to be back......
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “money saving tips”