Freeman Jones complaint resolved

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
165 posts Page 8 of 11

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:47 pm
Hi Sally,
actually had a phone call from the complaints department today, very nice lady but the complaint isn't being upheld. She has passed on a complaint to Think2claim. I asked why FJ can't issue CCs whilst still claiming PPI like some other firms but of course she couldn't comment. I do feel aggrieved that the IVA has been extended to 84 months and we are left in financial limbo. I would no longer recommend FJ to anyone which is a shame as up until this fiasco I have found you're service to be first rate. But now I feel that we are just being kept trapped. I have no problem with FJ claiming any PPI, although I am sure we weren't missold it, but please set us free to rebuild our lives.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 am
I think you mean Sarah wiggle1!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:31 am
Hi wiggle1

I do get called Sally quite a lot!

I am very sorry for the stress this is causing you and we are doing all we can to get your Completion Certificate out to you.

I believe my colleague confirmed yesterday that although we didn’t uphold you Freeman Jones complaint we are still investigating a separate Think 2 Claim complaint and I have confirmed the team will be calling you today about this.

My colleague Jodie at Freeman Jones has also just left you a message to update you and confirm we are waiting for your creditors response to the variation we have proposed for early September.

I do hope we can get this resolved for you and do understand how important it is for you to be able to move on from the IVA.

I have offered my contact details already should you need any further help or information and I’ll do my very best.
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 pm
Sorry Sarah, I don't know where "Sally" came from!!!

kustomcar

Post by kustomcar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:45 pm
Hi just to update everyone, Sarah is looking into this for us, so happy that someone is helping us sort it out. Thank you Sarah. Will keep everyone updated

kustomcar

Post by kustomcar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:32 pm
Hi everyone, just an update, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Sarah for helping us. We have just had the call saying that the ppi issues are now sorted and withing the next 24 - 48 hrs the money that we are owed back will be in our account and then they will finish off the CC so should all be sorted fairly soon. Good luck to those still waiting x

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:33 pm
I also need to say a big Thank you. CC received yesterday.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:35 pm
Great to see another successful conclusion, and yet more evidence that if you talk to the right people at your IP firm then things can and will move forward for you. Well done to all concerned.

TheVictim1971

Post by TheVictim1971 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:06 pm
FINALLY, got everything sorted, even though nearly every time they said they would call, I would have to end up calling them the next day.
IVA settled via PPI claims (they even owe us a little bit money now) so its just the wait for certificate now, been quoted 4-5 weeks.....lets wait and see.
So happy its all over now.
Would have been so much better if Freeman Jones didn`t change money managers as often.
Last edited by TheVictim1971 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:12 pm
When you choose one of the larger firms to represent you, you are bound to suffer from changing personnel from time to time. This even happens in smaller firms like mine, and I am afraid that there is no way round that as staff will want to move on occasionally, and work then needs to be reallocated. I am sure disturbance to clients is kept to the minimum in all firms.

TheVictim1971

Post by TheVictim1971 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:30 pm
I can understand that, but I can say in 5 years we have had at least 12 money managers, some did their jobs, some didn`t, then when things aren`t kept up to date its always down to the client because the "lazy" money managers did didn`t put things on file.
Not saying it is always like this we might have just been unlucky a few times, but we kept our side of the agreement at all times, and a few times we were let down.
Last edited by TheVictim1971 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:41 pm
Dear TheVictim1971

Thank you for your feedback. We do try and keep changes in Relationship Managers to a minimum. It sounds like you have had more than your fair share and I apologise for this. As I am sure you appreciate, a certain amount of staff turnover is inevitable as people are promoted and so on, and this isn’t always under our control. We do try minimize disruption to clients.

I believe that Andrew called you earlier today with an update on the final stages of your IVA and as you know we expect to wrap everything up very shortly. Congratulations on completing it – they are never easy - and we wish you all the very best in future.
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:47 pm
Hi The Victim1971 - glad to read from Sarah's post to you that things seem to be progressing well and you are almost at the 'other side' of it all. Best wishes :-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

TheVictim1971

Post by TheVictim1971 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:41 pm
Thanks Sarah, its been a hard 66 months but well worth it. I must admit the last 6 months we have had more communications than in the first 60 months, and can only commend the staff within this time (last 6 months). Just glad it over now and looking forward to moving on.

Fortunate_NOT

Post by Fortunate_NOT » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:35 pm
First time poster New to forum

Just like to start by saying how utterly disgusted I am with FREEMAN JONES they talk the right talk in your hour of need but the truth is a whole different kettle of fish .
My husband has been in an IVA for only 6 months we are struggling as his income has reduced considerably so much so we can no longer keep up with mortgage repayments Freeman Jones were informed but failed to see this as important also informed of our intentions to sell the property so that it is not repossessed. Currently we are a week before completion and cannot proceed any further as FREEMAN JONES are refusing to cooperate with our solicitor by sending the necessary documents required to prove the land registry is clear of any restriction (RX4 form) even though he has supplied them with the undertaking requested,we keep being fobbed off with excuse after excuse,its in the post, no its at the land registry, we are sending it recorded delivery today yet it still has not been sent and this has been going on since the 19th September!
Due to their incompetence we are now in danger of losing our rental property therefore if we were to proceed with the sale we would become homeless with 3 young children, so we will be left with no other alternative but to pull out of the sale (incurring more debt from unpaid solicitors fees) let the house be repossessed and my husband file for bankruptcy.
We have explained the above situation to numerous Freeman Jones employees countless amount of times over the last 3 days as we have NEVER been able to contact our assigned relationship manager and one very charming response we received was " If that's what has to happen,then that's what has to happen" so my advice to anyone considering an IVA with FREEMAN JONES IS AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!!!!Even though the have stated they would agree to end the IVA early with both my husband equity and a share of mine all on recorded phone calls it seems apparent from their present behaviour that they will find a way to avoid this and keep trapped for the next 54 months!!!!!
165 posts Page 8 of 11
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”