Freeman Jones complaint resolved

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
165 posts Page 9 of 11

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:10 am
Dear Fortunate_Not

I am very sorry for the upset and worry this has caused you. We have let you down and not delivered the service we or you should expect. I’ve already escalated this to the highest levels within Freeman Jones and I believe my colleague has just spoken with you. I can confirm that the required documents for completion to take place are being sent to your solicitor today to arrive Monday at the latest and you will also receive a copy via email.

I am very sorry once again for the worry and inconvenience this has caused you and we will confirm with your solicitor that everything has been received by them on Monday.

If you need any further help or information then please don't hesitate to let us know.
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

Fortunate_NOT

Post by Fortunate_NOT » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:04 am
Thank you Sarah

Due to your quick response to our case all the necessary documents were received yesterday in the space of a few hours,However we were unable to exchange yesterday due to the delay not having these in place caused.
My husband received a telephone call and email from one of your fellow team members and he has confirmed he will be looking into the case further. We appreciate your apology and your efforts to get things sorted Sarah although as you said we do feel very let down by Freeman Jones because if this forum did not exist our voices would not have been heard, it is a shame I had to resort to having a rant for everyone to see before things got resolved.
Once again Thank you for your fast response in dealing with this matter.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:29 am
I am pleased to see that this is getting sorted ( albeit on the late side).

I have to give all credit to Freeman Jones and to Sarah for ( forgive the sexism) "manning up" and facing these problems, head on, on the forum.

Many noteable firms have, in the past, given up and withdrawn from the forum when things have gone wrong or they are getting a little too much stick!

So .. all credit to those who sort these things out and stay around to help all of us.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:54 am
All IP firms get complaints from time to time. We get them in my firm as well occasionally. But I was always taught that it is the way that you deal with them which makes all of the difference. Just a little time and effort to see the other person's point of view, and to apologise if things have gone wrong, often makes all of the difference.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:10 pm
Hi Fortunate_NOT

Once again I do apologise that you didn’t get the service you should have done straight away – we are extremely sorry about the worry and inconvenience this has caused to you and your family at what is an already stressful time.

As you know the team are now very much on the case and I do hope that things will proceed smoothly now. I gather everything is in place for exchange and completion to happen and allow you to move into the new property, we appreciate we contributed to the delay in this happening.

I know that you have spoken to my colleague Steve and I understand he will contact you again later today. He is investigating your complaint to establish what has gone wrong and what we need to do to ensure that it can’t happen again. He’ll also want to establish with you any extra costs you’ve incurred as a result of the delay.

I hope that the move now goes smoothly. Once the dust has settled both literally and metaphorically we will be happy to take your Full & Final settlement forward.
Last edited by Sarah Jolly on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

actorbird

Post by actorbird » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:24 pm
After a long wait I am now pleased to say that my debt is written off. What in fact happened was that my creditor was offered a 'variation' in my IVA which would pay off what they had originally agreed plus about £100. Funnily enough that left enough money for Freeman Jones to take their share. This was only resolved after I had complained loudly and strongly about the service Freeman Jones had offered me. If they had not resolved this I would certainly have complained to the financial ombudsman next. Although I am pleased with the outcome if I had known what a stressful year I would have in agreeing to an IVA with Freeman Jones I think I would have chosen bankruptcy. There is not enough communication with their clients to inform what is happening with their IVAs. Rudeness seems to be standard when you ask for any information about your money. The level of service I was offered eventually should be the one that all new clients receive. Will keep you posted about when I get my completion information (soon I hope).

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:20 pm
There is no need for any members of an IP's team to be rude to their clients - after all it is clients who pay our own wages at the end of the day - however I am glad to see that this matter has now been resolved.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:02 am
Dear actorbird.

I am pleased that we’ve managed to conclude your IVA for you. Once again I apologise for the poor service you received during your IVA – it was certainly below the standard that we set and expect. I appreciate that it’s been a very stressful period for you and we should have supported you better than we did.

We do value feedback and I have passed your comments on to the Freeman Jones management team.

We expect your completion certificate to be with you by the end of the month. If we can help any further please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me or the team.

We wish you all the very best for the future.
Last edited by Sarah Jolly on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:11 pm
Great news and thanks for the update Sarah.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:19 am
Sarah is yet again to be applauded for the way that she sympathetically and professionally deals with client complaints - and I really do admire the fact that she comes on the forum to say so. All firms, after all, do get complaints - and I don't think that anyone sets out to do a poor job, or give bad service to their clients, but mistakes do happen and it is the way that they are dealt with an rectified that is the most important thing in my book. All good IP firms could do with a Sarah.

Pauldsy41

Post by Pauldsy41 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:57 pm
I too am having the same issues with Freeman Jones, Im trying to give them money and to clear my debt after giving a lump sum, sadly they wont reply to me, i have tried to email them and call them and all they seem to want is the cash in there account, i want to see what they are doing. They dont know if i still have a job as the money is reduntacy payment and yet they still take money!!!!

All i want to do is try and clear this debt or find out what action Freeman Jones have done!!!

Steven Hewitt

Industry Expert

Post by Steven Hewitt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:11 pm
Dear Pauldsy41,

My colleague Sarah has responded to your comments on your other post: http://www.iva.co.uk//forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55743#

Thank you
Steven Hewitt - a member of the team at Freeman Jones

mb1312

Post by mb1312 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:49 pm
Hi I'm a new member so bear with me. First don't get me started with Freeman Jones. We have been in the iva for 3 years lost count of how many relationship managers we have had. Can't ever get through to anyone. We have sent in wage slips etc every month for 3 years and any change in circumstance expenditure etc on the odd occasion my husband works overtime we even tell them about this. They have put overtime time down every month and not changed the outgoings in 3 years. They haven't even changed the children's ages. I tried to get in touch but no luck so I sent them email after email all I got back was a letter saying they wanted to increase it by £200 per month. I sent them bank statements letters wage slips and even sent proof my income had gone down as i had changed jobs and our tax credits had stopped but still no reduction we told them we couldn't afford more than £100 a month but they are insisting on £500. When I emailed I was told they would look into it and get back to us that was 3 months ago we have had one letter saying we have to ring them because they have been trying to ring us but we have an answer machine and no one has rang. They said if we don't ring by next week we are in breach of our iva. I have rang 4 or 5 times a day at different times now for over a week and keep getting we are experiencing a high volume of calls it's probably people complaining about being ripped off. We had a letter about ppi FJ said that our ppi was declared an asset for the iva and will be paid into it. We got a second letter about a year or two later saying it is no longer an iva asset due to a clause in our iva agreement. Bearing this in mind we asked them to proceed with the ppi s and use this to hopefully bring our iva to a early finish by paying off remaining iva payments. This was by email about 5 months ago and not heard a word about anything. I still keep trying to ring but still no answer. We were told iva was our only option but like others we wish we had gone bankrupt you try and do the right thing and get ripped off for it.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 am
Dear mb1312,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor level of service you have received from us and for the worry this has caused you.

We clearly need to complete a full review of your circumstances and payment, in addition to updating you on any ongoing PPI enquiries. I obviously don’t know the specifics of your case at this point but please drop me an email to Info@FreemanJones.co.uk with your reference number and we'll get in touch right away.

Thank you
Sarah

KTC14

Post by KTC14 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:12 pm
We have been in ours for 2 years now, I had a letter yesterday saying I was in breach of the agreement for not sending in my paperwork, livid is not the word, when I religiously send in my wages slips, P60s, Tax credit info every time it is produced. It took me 1 hour to get through to someone last night to get to the bottom of it, only to find that someone at the other end had not scanned all the documents in in the first place. I asked to speak to a senior member of the team, who seemed to understand what had happened. I have been called by a relationship manager to review at my year end, but he only rang my home number and not any other number for me, so I still have not spoke to anyone, but the lady yesterday answered my questions so no need for another call. The hardest thing is trying to find out what you have paid in and what to do if you want to settle early, which is what I am trying to do now, this has been a massive thorn in our side for 2 years and I wish we had never none it, it is having effects on lots of other things which are nothing to do with us personally which is really annoying! I have since discovered after my conversation with Samantha last night that you can email your documents, and also email with queries and ask them to call you back, something which I have never been told, this would have made life a lot easier a long time ago! also they can access my bank account for the info on my income as well, which stops the need for sending in all the tax credit info and wage slips, I was advised that I still need to do it every so often, which I don't mind.
Can anyone tell me what information I need to provide to offer a full and final offer to FJ.
165 posts Page 9 of 11
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”