Freeman Jones complaint resolved

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
165 posts Page 10 of 11

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:05 am
Hi KTC14

Please accept my apologies for our error in not scanning your documents to your file and for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you'd like to discuss making a full and final offer please drop me an email with your reference to Sarah.Jolly@FreemanJones.co.uk. We'll then get in touch to talk you through the information required and timescales involved.

I hope this helps.
Sarah
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:20 am
I want to know how to make a formal complaint about my IVA company. Just so happens this discussion form is about them.
J Tapner

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:23 am
I would look at Freeman Jones website. But I want to make my feelings clear to other people and what service they might receive.
J Tapner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:37 am
Hi, jk. First you need to make a formal complaint direct to FJ .. the details should be on their website. If that does not produce a satisfactory result then you can complain to their regulators following this link:

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/contac ... ts-Gateway

From my experience on this forum it would seem that many issues are down to either lack of, or poor, communication ( either way)or an inexperienced staff member on the other end of the phone and a chat with the forum reps of the particular company involved works wonders .... and is often much faster than the laborious complaints procedures.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:13 pm
Dear jktapner

I’m sorry you’ve had to post again about the problems you are experiencing.

This shouldn’t have happened, please accept my apologies for our error and for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We’ve arranged for the difference to be refunded back to your account today, we’ll of course also refund any charges you’ve incurred.

A complaint has been raised on your behalf and you'll receive a written response from us in relation to this.

If we can help any further following your conversation with us today please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you
Sarah

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Thank you Sally.
I do have to say that Freeman Jones have always processed everything through and listen to me.
It just like other I was worried about what happens and did not know where to turn out of work outs.
J Tapner

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:31 pm
All is well that ends well I guess.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Jackie.v

Post by Jackie.v » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:22 pm
Hi my understanding of PPI payments is yes it goes into your IVA account but if you still have a debt with the same company it came, from Freeman jones take their cut and the rest should go back to the company. A while ago I received a letter fromFreeman Jones stating this. I will never understand the logic in this to me the company should take the money owed to them and then if any left send it to Freeman Jones to be distributed to your debters. Why are we paying Freeman Jobes for receiving our PPI and then sending it back?
My PPI claims at in Freeman Jobes bank for 19 months before they paid it back!
I too have been passed from one relationship manager to another and have no faith in them at all. I like to be logical which they are not and have been so frustrated with them I often come off the phone in tears which is unlike me. I cannot wait for this nightmare to end!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:34 pm
IPs cannot take a fee from the realisation of a PPI sum if the sum awarded is to be set off against the original debt. Are you saying that this is what is happening in your case, Jackie?

They may take a realisation fee if they are receiving a balancing payment from a creditor, who have been able to off-set the reclaim against their debt in full.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:53 am
Hi Jackie.v

I am sorry for the worry this is causing you.

I can confirm we are not taking a fee from the PPI realisation.

I've asked the team to get in touch today to clear this up for you and see if we can help any further.

Thank you
Sarah

Mark McLaughlin

Post by Mark McLaughlin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm
I seem to be having the same issue with Freeman Jones. I am due to finish my IVA in March 2014 but due to some back dated money in 2011 I have only now been told i owe £5000. I informed them in 2011 about the money and explained that some for it was used to buy a car as my old one packed in and the rest was paid to CSA for my 2 children. This has also caused a strain on my relationship as i was due to get married this year as I would be DEBT FREE!!!! I have been asking for someone to contact me and still nothing. 2 phone calls 3 emails and 2 letters still nothing. My income has decreased and my expenditure has increased and they have not reduced my weekly payment meaning I had to get the bank to help me out with an overdraft to pay my bills. I think I would have been better going BANKRUPT and took the easy way out but being to honest I thought this company could help me out.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:47 pm
Oh dear! This thread rather does keep going on, and hopefully Sarah Jolly will be able to assist you as well Mark if she spots it in the morning. In the meantime you may wish to amend your forum name, to protect your anonymity on the forum.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:45 am
Hi Mark

I'm sorry you are experiencing problems and for the worry this is causing you.

I believe you have now spoken to us and we've been able to discuss moving forward with your IVA.

If you do need any further help please don't hesitate to get in touch, you can email us at info@FreemanJones.co.uk.

Thank you
Sarah

Fortunate_NOT

Post by Fortunate_NOT » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:26 pm
Return poster and so very very dissapointed that I am back yet again! It has been one of the toughest years of our life and has been made 100 times more unbearable by freeman Jones persistent incompetence. I am not one for complaining and have tried to give Freeman Jones the benefit of the doubt with regards to ending my husbands IVA as agreeded by them on completion of the sale of our house (we have proof of this in emails), it has now been a very long 7 months since the said completion and my husbands release of equity and this last week conveniently we have been assigned a new relationship manager, recieved 2 letters one which states my husband is in breech of his agreement,that his creditors will be notified and another that states Freeman Jones will be increasing his monthly repayments due to a completely incorrect income,my husband is currently unemployed! This is astounding to me as over a month ago the old relationship manager called to state she was preparing all paper work to take to the creditors and end the IVA as agreed and would be in contact with us within 2 weeks to inform us of the outcome. However this has NOT been done and Freeman Jones are in no rush to notify the creditors that they have been sitting on a rather large lump sum of money for the last 7 months! My husband can now not get hold of the NEW relationship manager as he is apparently in a meeting (they always are) was passed to someone else who informed my husband that the only notes on his file were NOT to end the IVA but just to decrease his monthly repayments instead of increasing them. I am truly at the end of my tether with this whole sole destroying situation we took out the iva with faith in Freeman Jones that it would make life more manageable and reduce the worry over debts to be honest it is the worst decision we ever made, we would be better off having debt collectors banging the door down than this because at least then you have a face to the people causing you such misery! We have nothing left for them to take from us yet they are still asking for MORE and the worst part of it all is that we have paid this company to treat us so badly !!!!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:25 pm
Hopefully someone from Freeman Jones will spot your post tomorrow and invite you to make contact with them to see if they can assist.
165 posts Page 10 of 11
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”