Freeman Jones complaint resolved

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
165 posts Page 2 of 11

Susan Elizabeth

Post by Susan Elizabeth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 pm
my husband and I have an IVA with Freeman Jones and I can honestly say we are 4 years and 3 months in to the arrangement and we have no trust in them what so ever ,we have had 6 relationship managers who never contact you or help ,Freeman Jones staff are rude unhelpful and treat you with contempt, the stress that they have caused me has been awful I would not advise anyone to have anything to do with them

Susan Elizabeth

Post by Susan Elizabeth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:20 pm
after reading all that mkpierce 1 has had to say regarding Freeman Jones I can honestly say all the things he is worried about Freeman Jones are all true, as these are also the same problems we have encounter with them .

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:48 am
I hope that either Steve or Sarah will pick up on the points being raised here, take them on board and try to contact the relevant parties in their organisation in an attempt to put things right of necessary. Both of them do regularly look in.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Steven Hewitt

Industry Expert

Post by Steven Hewitt » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:13 pm
Dear actorbird.

I am sorry that our communication hasn’t been up to scratch and that we haven’t explained things well.

If, whilst in an IVA, you receive a refund of PPI premiums from the creditors, who form part of your arrangement, then these would normally be paid into your IVA for the benefit of all creditors not just to creditor that refunded the PPI premium. In this instance Halifax may send an offer letter to you but it’s unlikely they’ll pay that amount off your debt with them.

Any refunded PPI premiums received during the course of your IVA, would go into the arrangement and then distributed in the same way as your contributions. This means all creditors will receive a share of the pot.

It’s also common for creditors to sell debts on to other firms rather than administer the account themselves. Without knowing your case directly, I suspect this is why the Halifax are unable to locate your account.

It’s likely that the debt will still exist but with a different company. However, in rare cases creditors have applied the PPI refund to their own debt, so we can’t rule this out entirely.

Providing you with an accurate balance is difficult, however we can provide a ball park figure, given confirmed balances less deducted payments.

I’m sorry that this is not as straightforward as it first seems and it’s something we’d need to discuss further with you. We’d like to look into this and clarify things for you so you’re happy with how things are going.

Please email me your details to Steve.Hewitt@Freemanjones.com and I’ll get onto this for you straight away
Steven Hewitt - a member of the team at Freeman Jones

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:14 am
I hope those with current outstanding issues take Stephen's offer of support up. It is great to have experts from the larger firms logged on the forum and willing to step in and help.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

TheVictim1971

Post by TheVictim1971 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:25 pm
Another newbie here with similar concerns,,,
Our last payment too Freeman Jones is in 2 weeks time so my wife decided to ring them up yesterday to see what would happen at the end of it, now I wish she hadn`t......they are saying we now owe them over £4500, you can imagine the atmosphere as she was told this.
We have always sent in stuff when they have asked, but have had VERY little contact from them, we have been told that previous employee`s hadn`t been updating our account or getting in touch with us. Within the following conversation our expenditure sheet what we have been sending in hasn`t been updated for the last 3 years yet our income has.
Both our heads are spinning and totally lost for words.

When we started this 5 years ago IVA was the only option pointed out too us, with no assets what so ever I think bankruptcy should have been mentioned as a choice.

So now because of staff who didn`t do their jobs we have to suffer even longer.

Don`t know what to do......................
Last edited by TheVictim1971 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:14 pm
I would lodge a formal complaint, and if no joy take this to the regulators. Something like this should never happen.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 pm
Freeman Jones need to have the ability to look into this thoroughly and the IP needs to see how this can be put right to every party's satisfaction before even considering a complaint to regulatory bodies.

Hopefully Steven will pick up on this post and encourage a direct contact with him, and he should be able to brief the IP concerned at the same time. Things like this should not happen, but mistakes are made even in the best of firms, however it is the way that mistakes are rectified which is often the measure of the firm and the IP concerned.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 pm
.....which is why I suggested a formal complaint first then, if no joy, on to the regulators.

I am sorry -- but there should be a system of checks and counter checks. The I&E has been, apparently, signed off as correct for three years by the IP concerned.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:11 pm
It is indeed astonishing to see that this may have happened, but IPs dealing with many of thousands of cases perhaps do not have the time to dedicate to checking the reports personally, as those of us do with smaller portfolios.

actorbird

Post by actorbird » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 pm
Hi I do sympathise with you. After 3 weeks I am still waiting for someone to explain what my financial position is. If they say it is more than I have calculated I will be going straight to the financial ombudsman. There is something very fishy about this company.

Steven Hewitt

Industry Expert

Post by Steven Hewitt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:30 pm
Hi TheVictim1971,

I'm sorry to hear that there has been a miscommunication between Freeman Jones and you. Clearly something has gone wrong here and we need to work together to get to the bottom of this.

Please can you email me your reference directly to Steve.hewitt@Freemanjones.com and I'll get onto this straight away for you.

Thank you
Steven Hewitt - a member of the team at Freeman Jones

TheVictim1971

Post by TheVictim1971 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 pm
I have emailed you Steven, thank you.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:09 pm
Actually Steve, I was so pleased 4 weeks ago when you spoke to someone about our case, and you acted very quickly, thank you. They promised us on the phone we would receive our cc in 3 to 4 weeks. But, unfortunately, 4 weeks on and we still have received nothing.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

actorbird

Post by actorbird » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm
Is anybody ever going to get in touch and explain my financial situation to me. I feel very let down by all concerned.
165 posts Page 2 of 11
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”