Freeman Jones complaint resolved

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
165 posts Page 11 of 11

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 pm
I'll bump this back up again in the hope they see it.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Steven Hewitt

Industry Expert

Post by Steven Hewitt » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:42 pm
Hi Fortunate-NOT,

I'm sorry that this has taken so long to get to this point and I appreciate that the service you and your husband have received has regrettably, once again, fallen below the standard both you, and we, expect.

I've just spoken to your Insolvency Practitioner and he is calling you right now. He will confirm to you that once he receives the final documents we need from you he will process your variation as a priority.

I appreciate that this has caused you further frustration and would again like to apologise for this. I believe that we can resolve this for you now in a timely fashion.

I know that he has also passed on his direct contact details – but if you do need to contact me then please feel free to email me at Steve.hewitt@freemanjones.com.

Thank you
Steven Hewitt - a member of the team at Freeman Jones

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 pm
Hopefully you've taken the call now x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Cybertiger

Post by Cybertiger » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:57 pm
It's simple! They are completely negligent and untrustworthy, I personally will make as little contact with them as possible, I have made a post regarding Freeman Jones on this site myself. It would appear to me that such firms are clearly not regulated enough. I personally will take legal advice, even if it costs me at the end of my IVA. I refuse point blank to pay them a penny more than is absolutely necessary.

Ravgodbold

Post by Ravgodbold » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:20 pm
I am now currently in the same situation, contact has been very very poor so much so they are claiming i owe money from way back in 2012 and 2013 from bonus payments i received, however this is also part of the dispute as these were annual bonus and they are trying to claim this as a 1 month win fall yet in the agreement it states annual will be divided over the 12 month period thus falling very close to our 10% extra allowance,
but that is by the by the point of the matter is that our term was reduced by 2 months because off ppi payments and we was told that our final payment is 17th May (comes out of the pay i have just got today so in effect i am done) for me to get a call around 5 weeks ago stating i owe a further 2900, call out of no where no warning nothing, but this can be paid however i like up until July 2016 not on a payments like we were and we would not be on the IVA as such. obviously i complained in the first instance and requested they firstly recalculate which eventually they did down to 2200 but this is still way off and i have complained again, i have got solicitors involved and i have made requests for detailed information on my account, payments to creditors, full breakdowns the lot but hey heard nothing and i have been instructed to stop all payments.
I have paid the last IVA payment so that should not default anything. extremely disappointed with the lack of communication, there is no way we should of been given false hope of this nightmare being finally over after 6 years for now this to now to dragged out and being held to ransom for the extra cash or they will not close my IVA even though my completion date is 17th May.
I am so frustrated with this and the lack of communication and common sense to the fact you cannot expect someone who has been on an IVA for 5 years and 1 year on a debt management scheme to now be told we still owe more. (all this and i believe we are 98% debt paid up) i cannot confirm this as like i say waiting for documentation that has been requested. sorry to rant but hopefully this is understandable, oh also we were told we had not sent in a few payslips,,,, however when we dug them out they were attached to a thank you letter for sending them in from freeman jones they had them all along, actually laughable.
Many thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:19 pm
Hi Rav. I cannot coment much on the ongoing disputes, not being aware of all the paperwork and actual agreements. However, your understanding of the bonus / windfall situation flies in the face of what is actually in the vast majority of proposals and, indeed, in the Protocol and Standard conditions.

Normally ( and I apologise if your own proposal has been drafted differently ) the disregard is calculated from the bonus on a one month basis, whether it is an annual bonus or a monthly bonus. An annual bonus is not spread out over the year.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Spencer.Last

Post by Spencer.Last » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:40 pm
Dear Ravgodbold,

I am sorry to hear that this has been your recent experience of Freeman Jones. It does seem as if there has been some confusion over the bonuses you have received over the term of your IVA and what is currently owed.

I have asked the team to look into this for you, and to contact you with an update as soon as possible.
Spencer Last
Freeman Jones

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:45 pm
Welcome aboard Spencer and thank you for your input.
Tin hat ready ? :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Ravgodbold

Post by Ravgodbold » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:49 pm
Hi Foggy, thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying about the bonus not being annually but I have my original agreement and it states that an annual bonus calculation gets spread out over a 12 month period. Wether this is standard or not it is in black and white on my agreement.
This is not just the problem unfortunately it is the lack of communication that has caused the issue, for starters if we was aware of additional monies owed especially to the figures we have been given we'd of firstly not agreed on a 2 month reduction in our term, coincidentally it's also states that I need to make aware of such by U.S. payments which I clearly did in submitting payslips, it has to be recovered there and then so I'd have to pay up asap when I got the bonus now yet they are claiming back to 2013! It is not my fault they lost my paper work as I have the evidence that i sent this all in.
Also very strange now posting this on here I have just had an email from freeman jones and expecting a phone call very shortly. Strange that! Ignore my emails but soon as it goes on a public forum oh I get a response?
Many thanks

Ravgodbold

Post by Ravgodbold » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:09 pm
Tin hat ready??
Many thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:27 pm
Good news on the bonus front. If it is in black and white then they cannot renege on that part.

FJ monitor the forum as quite often clients will raise an issue here before speaking to them, so your case will have been picked up by a team who specifically sort these issues. Whatever the reasons for a reaction, let's hope you can sort things out once and for all.

Ravgodbold

Post by Ravgodbold » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:50 pm
Thank you foggy, 17th of May has been set in our diaries for a while now so hopefully that can be the end of it all.
Had a very good conversation with freeman Jones just now and I feel they listened and could see our points raised like you say hopefully this can bring is to the conclusion we have been waiting for.
Although we are still very disappointed with the lack of communication as well as the administration of our IVA but once this is sorted our lives can get back on track.
Many thanks

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:11 pm
Really hope it is resolved. 17th May will soon be here ... let us know how you go x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ravgodbold

Post by Ravgodbold » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm
I am fearful this is going to be a long drawn out process, I have re-read though the posts on this thread and it is clear we are not the only people having trouble like this and yet the first post was back in 2013 i am really shocked that they are still making the same errors?
I have had some information from Steven Marshall in regards to this and i am currently getting a letter drafted so this can be presented by the IP to the creditors with a final offer to close our IVA now that the term is up.
So much inconsistency with figures of what extra we owe it is shocking. it started at 2800 then down to 2200 then down to 1400 then up to 2900 now currently at 3250. all this should of been communicated long ago.
Has anyone had any positive results?
Many thanks

Spencer.Last

Post by Spencer.Last » Tue May 05, 2015 3:35 pm
Hi Ravgodbold,

Just to make sure you are kept up to date on the progress of your case. We received your letter at the end of last week and your Relationship Manager, along with the Insolvency Practitioner, is currently reviewing this for you. We anticipate we’ll be able to provide a further update before the end of business tomorrow.

Regards
Spencer Last
Freeman Jones
165 posts Page 11 of 11
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”