Freeman Jones complaint resolved

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
165 posts Page 7 of 11

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:38 pm
Having finished iva in Dec '12 and still not received cc we have now made a complaint, which after 3 weeks they are still investigating. A variation meeting was held, that we knew nothing about until afterwards, extending our iva to 84 months!!! This is due to ppi, being done by Think2Claim. Last Friday we received a draft letter that Guy Whitney is sending to creditors, with our permission this time, saying that MBNA are likely to take a very long time answering the ppi claim and asking the other creditors to take payments to date and allow the cc to be issued. How likely are they to agree to this?
Life after IVA is wonderful.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:54 pm
It is hard to say, but it seems a sensible solution to me.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 am
I hope sense prevails then!

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:27 pm
Dear spall36

I am sorry that the service you have received falls short of the standard both you, and we, should expect. Clearly we could and should have supported you better through what has been a difficult period for you.

I understand that one of the team has now given you a call and you’ve discussed how to move forward from here. Although we can’t change what has happened we hope to improve your experience of us throughout the remainder of your arrangement.

If there is anything I can help with either now or in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me directly Sarah.Jolly@freemanjones.co.uk.
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:26 pm
Can I just say how I admire how honestly Sarah deals with clients who have grumbles - she is a credit to her firm, and whilst she probably does not need to post follow-ups like this, it must be immensely reassuring for Freeman Jones clients to know that when things do occasionally go wrong, they are never too big to take time to put them right. Other firms should take note!

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:38 am
I always think it's nice to read, as Sarah says maybe shouldn't have happened and you can't reverse it but worth moving forward and working together for the remainder of the arrangement.

Wishing all posters all the best and hope all issues are resolved.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

toto

Post by toto » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:30 pm
A big thank you to Guy Withey and Claire my relationship manager for dealing with my IVA completion . Today I have received my certificate of completion.. Thanks to all the people on this website that has supported me too. I am so happy am debt free hurrah!!! Guy Withey Of freeman Jones you are the best...!!!!!! (posh voice)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:46 pm
Great news, Toto -- onward and upward :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kustomcar

Post by kustomcar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 pm
Hi I am new to this forum, Myself and my husband made our last IVA payment on the 1st April 2013, as in some of the previous posts we had a few weeks where Freeman Jones were fobbing us off each time we rang up, saying we hadn't sent things in, when we did and we had proof from sending things recorded delivery, also they said calls hadn't been made ect when they had.Then beginning of July we rang again to be told to contact Think2claim as solicitors were dealing with our IVA, we rang Think2claim and were told that due to new regulations we would be getting our PPIs back that had been paid into our IVA as they no longer where to be included in it. ( they said the law had changed) so we contacted FJ . who said they would look into it, also they would sort out our certificate of completion.Well we are still chasing it(just rang them again to be told it is still being dealt with) The amount of PPI that Think2cliam said we will get back is a lot of money, but now FJ are saying they are waiting for letters back from the companies that paid out the PPIs and then they will decide what percentage we MAY get back, how is it one lot say we will get it all, then FJ say something different? We get different replies each time we ring. I used to say what a great company they were but now I don't recommend them to anyone. We are also still waiting for our certificate, how long does it take to send a piece of paper. We abided by there rules the whole way through but now they don't follow through. I would like to say Im debt free but as of yet I have no piece of paper, or the PPIs that we are meant to be getting back, if we owed them money they would of chased us but different now its the other way round, bet they hold on as long as they can to get interest on our money!

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:31 pm
I hadn't realised there was a change in legislation in respect of PPI maybe one of our experts can comment on that aspect of your post.

Completion certificates do appear to have varying times within different companies. Welcome to the forum and sincerely hope you get some PPI back as promised.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

gledhill4911

Post by gledhill4911 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:39 pm
Hmmm, this change in legislation makes interesting reading. I would love to know what it entailed, or if indeed it's true. Maybe one of the experts can throw some light upon it.

I am now starting my EIGHTH year of the IVA with no CC in sight. Of course this is all to do with PPI. Our IP is cleardebt (Formally Synergi Partners) who are using a company called DRSP to claim back PPI, probably part of Cleardebt.

Maybe in years to come we'll all find out we were mis-sold Iva's too, then what? I for one don't ever recall being offered a DMP or any other means of paying of my debt other than by IVA, is that mis-selling?

Still, You wait, you wait, you b***** wait. (Quote "Evidently chicken town" by JOHN COOPER CLARKE.)

I'll most likely post again when I start year nine.
G.M.Gledhill

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:34 pm
I'd be really glad to know what this change in legislation is. As an IP who has been actively involved in reviewing protocol in PPI matters, it is news to me!

Eight years is a long time for an IVA to last, especially if it was only intended to run over 5 years, but if there are assets to realiste then the IP must comply with their duties.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:57 pm
Like kustomcar I would have recommended Freeman Jones to anybody whilst paying the iva but now I would tell people to not touch them with a barge pole. Nearly 9 months and an official complaint and still no cc. Also no result from the complaint.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 am
Hi kustomcar

I am very sorry that this is causing you upset and do understand how frustrating this must be.

I would like to look into this for you and see what we can do to help.

Please drop me an email with your reference to Sarah.Jolly@freemanjones.co.uk so I can speak to the team for you.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 am
Hi wiggle1

I know we have spoken to you recently regarding your case, but please do let me me know if you need any further help or information.

Just to confirm my email address is; sarah.jolly@freemanjones.co.uk.
165 posts Page 7 of 11
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”