Freeman Jones/Think B - brilliant

28 posts Page 1 of 2

stallion31

Post by stallion31 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:45 am
I am 3.5 years into a 5 year IVA and I cannot speak more highly of how well Freeman Jones have handled my "case". I was drowning in debt not so long ago, browsing the internet for debt management advice and companies, and then a friend recommended Gregory Pennington, who I called, and then they called me back (as it was an 0845 number). The gentleman I spoke to was very understanding and courteous, and we went through all my creditor details (as i was getting letters through the post still for final demands, and CCJ threats!). They soon assured me that any more letters I got should be sent to them and they would deal with them. We discussed my income and expenditure, and calculated a debt repayment plan over 10 years for me that wasnt going to leave me skint during the month. They also referred me to Think Banking to set up an account with a (now) Mastercard Debit Card, which has worked out fantastically well, as the account does not allow overdrafts, and yu can keep control of your salary amounts being paid in, and all your direct debits and standing orders going out.

After about 6 months, I got a call from Freeman Jones (sister company of Greg Penn) saying that they'd reviewed my case and suggested an IVA might be a more valid solution to my debt problems, as it was a shorter duration of payback (5 years) and legally recognised agreement. After some discussion and aprehension, I agreed to this, and had an external face to face meeting with one of their representatives to go through the agreement, and sign off.

As part of the agreement, you send your wage slips to FJ on a 6 monthly basis, and your debt manager will give you a call back to discuss if everything is progressing ok, and also discuss any changes in income and expenditure.

I have found the whole process (so far) to be excellently managed and would recommend FJ and Think Banking to anyone who is struggling to pay back large debts.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm
Hi Stallion and welcome to the forum, glad you've found the right solution for yourself and that you're happy with the company you've chosen, it certainly is a good thing to be happy with your IP as I know I am and it does make things that bit easier. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:01 pm
what a lovely review, have you been to www.iva.com and left some feeback there too as a lot of people do tend to look on there for information.

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:54 pm
We are with freeman jones and think banking.We originally were on a dmp with their sister company but as interest and charges were never frozen were advised to change to an iva after 6 months.
Their service throughout has been impeccable.Nothing is too much trouble for them-when our relationship manager isnt available there is always someone on the end of the phone.All the staff are professional courteous and even the silliest question is answered(and ive come out with some really daft questions!)
I do like think banking because they split my husbands money on payday into two-the bill money and spending money.I know a lot of posters dont like paying for their bank account but it does give us the peace of mind knowing our money is organised for us and we wont get bank charges.I have never had a problem using the visa mastercard and it seems to be ok to use it to pay anywhere.
The transition from dmp to iva took less than 3 weeks as most of the figures and information was already in place.
Overall would highly recommend them.
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:59 am
Must admit that unless there was no other option, I wouldn't use a paid for bank account. I do the budgeting and know what goes out and when. I shall be having some fun next month as they are changing our payday so got to sit down and work it all out!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:24 pm
I am also with Freeman Jones, I have been in my IVA for nearly a year now and throughout I have found them brilliant! Although I don't have the bank account, I find the basic Natwest Step account is enough for me.

randy

Post by randy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:08 pm
I also want to share my brother's experience with this firm.He was stuck deep in debt but thanks to the Freeman Jones advice, he got an IVA in time and thus he managed to get rid of all the debt in 5 years only.He likes this firms and recommends it to everyone.

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:53 am
i am also with freeman jones and find them, very good also, just signed up to this forum but been coming here for years,
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time

tracy2965

Post by tracy2965 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:05 pm
i am will them 2 an they ave been fab i ave a lloyds tsb account that is in my iva will that account b closed or can it still b used

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:24 pm
If Lloyds TSB are one of your creditors then it will probably be closed.

Have you opened a new bank account yet? Co-op come recommended and it's free.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

tracy2965

Post by tracy2965 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:37 pm
[quote]Originally posted by tracy2965

i am will them 2 an they ave been fab i ave a lloyds tsb account that is in my iva will that account b closed or can it still b used
yeah i ave a new bank account and yes lloyds tsb are one of my creditors so no 1 can pay money in there as it would b a closed account i was going 2 put in 4 ppi 2 bring my debt down a bit but was woundering if i got any money back would lloyds take it all for wat i owe them or would it get sent 2 me so it could cum off all debt or should i just wait till end of iva

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:58 pm
Lloyds may very well take all of the PPI claim but it would mean that the rest of your creditors would get a better dividend.

Lloyds will probably close the account. Make sure that all DD or SO payments have been moved to your new account and just leave the Lloyds one alone.
Bob Marley.

windy77

Post by windy77 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm
I was with freeman jones and think banking they were both brill, finished iva in november 2011, still with think banking now until i find a new bank but i would recommend FJ anytime

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:24 pm
Hi look at the Co Op and HBOS Easycash account. You should also look at Cash Plus Mastercard as well as it is a creditcard but you have to put funds in first with a small monthly charge of £4.99 but is very useful.

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:14 am
how long does freeman and jones take to complete and give out a cc at end of iva, thanks
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time
28 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”