Frequent phone calls

21 posts Page 2 of 2

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:28 pm
Goldfish phoned my work again today. As I work nights they could not of course speak to me but they did speak to my boss who has left me a wee note saying she wants to see me before I go off shift in the morning. I am furious and embarrassed! I call goldfish every second day as agreed and keep them fully aware of the stage of my IVA (proposal hopefully next week) and still they call! I tried calling them tonight but they were closed (yes they actually close!!) so I will call them in the morning (after my boss sees me oh joy!) Have to practice my firm but polite. I lost my cool once. It wont happen again
My thanks to Melanie and her team :)

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:34 pm
That is appalling and ought to be the subject of a direct complaint to their customer services department. Where on earth do these people find work telephone numbers from? And what exactly did they say to your boss?

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:44 pm
I gave them my work number years ago they have it on file. The times they phoned my work before they left a message to the effect to get in touch with them as soon as possible. I will obviously hear exactly what they said in the morning! Can't wait. Now I have to focus on my work not easy when you have a 'countdown' to seeing the boss!

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:52 pm
And what on earth do I say to my boss? She is not stupid. We get on well but I don't want to discuss my debt problems with her! Are there any night owls out there who can think of any other reason why a credit card company would call your work other than the obvious reason!? ( I finish at 07:30)

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:24 am
My credit card company called me the other day to say that they were concerned that there was a lot of unusual activity on my account and they just wanted to check that there wasn't a fraud going on.

I had actually been buying a few tickets for the Rugby World Cup, but I suppose this was unusually high and out of the ordinary. It is slightly unsusual for me - husband usually sorts out those things, but I suppose that one must be grateful that they are looking out for us!

It also happened to a friend of mine when we were on holiday in France. He had bought some expensive diving equipment, and the bank actually cancelled his card as they could not get hold of him in the UK and they thought it had to be a fraud that there was a French transaction of such size on his card. Very irritating for him as he couldn't use the card for the remainder of our hols.

And you know - even if you tell your boss that they are chasing you for a payment, it is really none of her business, but I accept that the matter is rather embarassing and that you do not want to muddy relations with her.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:48 am
OK still have my job. My boss did not ask me why they were calling she just told me to make sure they stopped. I called Goldfish this morning and they have removed my work number from their files (so they said) I reminded them of our earlier aggreement for me to phone them every 2 days.
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”