Frugal Frends in Walsall

8 posts Page 1 of 1

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:58 am
Hi all.

Just to let you all know that Hubby and I went at Melanies request to look at the venue for the Christamas Frugal Friends Extravaganza.

It is a lovely room that has been booked for us, the hotel is easy to get to from the motorways. Music is sorted, decorations are in hand, if the hotel cant do them by then we will sort them out. It should be a great evening, so sparkly bits at the ready, and as Vicki would say deelybobbers, still dont know what they are.
Andy, steve said have you got your santa suit ready [:D]

There were just ten rooms left for that date, a mixture of double and family but they will charge the same rate if someone is on their own. If there is a problem getting rooms then there is Walsall travelodge within a couple of mins taxi drive so a possibility if anyone cant get a room.

From junction 7 M6 follow sings for A34 Walsall you will come to 2 roundabouts, straight across and it is on the Birmingham road, and is half a mile up the road on the right. The post code for those with sat nav is WS1 2NG. I will find some train details out nearer the time.

I am sure there are some still nervous of coming to these meetings. It really is very informal very relaxed and friendly.
Please ask questions if you are worried about attending, I have been to most and hubby as well has now joined me at them, and for sure he wouldnt have gone again if he had felt in the slightest bit uncomfortable.

So thats it folks no worries. A great night to look forward to.

Any questions I will be back late morning just taking hubby for eye op. Pampering require.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

angela18

Post by angela18 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:33 am
ooh Ang i can't wait.. tell Steve good luck with eye.. will he be tear free for this FF??
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:23 am
Ah Ang, hope everything goes ok with the op. That was great of you to check out the hotel. I can help with deccies if needed![:)] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:32 am
Thanks for checking it out Ang, and good luck to Steve x

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:08 am
Thanks All.
Just got back from the hospital, poor thing is looking very nervous, probably in theatre by now I am sure he will be fine, but I wont be happy till I can ring, got to wait till about 12.

Yes Ang he will be tear free hopefully by nov, no more tissues left in his pockets to ruin my washing lol

Vicki I will let you know nearer the time if any deccies are needed, the hotel hasnt set a date yet so I am going to ring nearer the time. Apparently the trees are all ordered togther so they are still not sure of a date. We can sort that no problem though.
Just to add for anyone not sure if they can make it, you can still book, you can cancel up to 24hrs before, all thats needed is credit or debit card details. No money will be taken from the card, you can still pay cash on the day if preferred.

Ang xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:13 am
Not that I'm planning on cancelling, but will you still get your money back if you cancel? I read the Ts & Cs and they mentioned charging a percentage of the cost of the room (up to 100%) if you cancel - I thought that was a bit harsh!

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:50 am
No money is taken, it is pay on arrival. You dont have to pay by the card details given. I asked and she said you can cancel up to 24hrs before the date of the booking and nothing is taken from the card. That is how all the other hotels we have stayed at have been, but then I havent cancelled.

Ang x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:06 pm
That's handy to know! Like I said I've got no intention of cancelling as we're looking forward to it, but I like to be prepared! We both have elderly mums and Dave's mum hasn't been well, and we rely on mine to look after Harry!

I cancelled when we went to the Briannia in Birmingam and didn't have to pay anything, but I was just worried about their Ts & Cs.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Debt Management”