Frugal Friends Manchester - what date?

32 posts Page 1 of 3

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:14 pm
It is time for Frugal Friends to move back to the North West, and our first meeting will be held in January on a Saturday convenient to the majority.

I am hoping to have a theme to each FF meeting in the New Year, to give us an opening to the evening and a focus. So I am open to suggestions - and if there is a specific area that you would like including please shout. We will get experts from a variety of disciplines - from the professional arena, to councelling and life management, cookery and shopping, insurance or finance companies. Anything you like - so please keep those ideas flowing.

The lovely Emma T has agreed to root out a suitable venue, and with lots of members living in that area, along with David and Ian our other IP forum posters, I am sure that there will be few good suggestions. Do remember room rates and parking charges are a must to be kept as low as possible, to make this an affordable but enjoyable evening. As usual, drinks and refreshments will be provided by the event sponsors.

The dates I would suggest are 17, 24 or 31 of January - so if we could get an idea of where the majority lies we can make some firm plans. Hope to see a lot of you there!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

aguise

Post by aguise » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:50 pm
Hi Melanie

The 24 or the 31st is ok for us as the young man is working the third sat in Jan I am guessing that is the 17th.

Ang x
Last edited by aguise on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:03 pm
I would really prefer the 31st as I will have been paid then and maybe able to stay over.

I would think lots would need to wait until the have been paid that month[;)]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:07 pm
Good idea Emma - I had not thought of that but you are right. 31st it is then - and can you look into those hotels please. I am sure Mrs S will help as she lives locally too.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:11 pm
No problem[:)]

Also think it is a great idea to have some kind of theme to each event.
As you know I have always been very interested in John Teggs insurance product and am seriously wanting to add this at my review if possible and would like to know a bit more about it.
I laughed when i saw cooking, but on reflection it would be good to swap frugal recipies and tips on making things go further.

x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

pixie

Post by pixie » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:22 pm
end of the month would be good for me too [:)]
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:40 pm
If I can find a travelodge for a good price you can count me in! I can double this up with a visit to family! I'll look out for the definite date but am 99% sure Craig and I will attend.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:31 pm
We may have a slight problem as Man U are at home v Everton so hotels I have looked at In Trafford Park area are full already.

I will look into this further x

Best Wishes

Emma x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:34 pm
I will speak to John and see if he can put on a bit of a presentation for us in January. A couple of my clients have recently had to claim on their insurance policy, and are a saying it is a godsend.

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:34 pm
if we go for 31st....thta would be fab as its my birthday weekend so can make that a double excuse to have a weekend away...the 24th is no good but 17th would be fine..but def. prefer the end of month

and themed topics a great idea...not that fussed for recipes/shopping ...but def. reviews and insurance and would also like stuff about full and finals too....
maybe have a couple of people sharing their experiences too....not just professionals???
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Yes - I was thinking about getting a couple of people to talk about their own experiences - Andy Davie has to be a prime candidate as his is great story.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:55 pm
Hi Mel
17th would be the only date for me as we are away on holiday from the 22nd !!!
Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:13 pm
Are you going for 2 weeks Andy?

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:20 pm
Hi
Yes we are,but stick to a date that suits the majority
Regards