frugal friends meeting

15 posts Page 1 of 1

john.jk

Post by john.jk » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 pm
What are the frugal friends meetings all about ?
I see the next is in slough ?[:)]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:02 pm
Hi John

They are a social gathering of forum members - consumers and professionals alike - who get together to share a few drinks, nibbles and experiences from time to time. Food and drink is laid on right through the evening gratis, so it is a good excuse to get out and share money saving tips and ideas with a likeminded audience.

Andy and I go to all of them, and I try to hold a clinic before the meeting for anyone who wants any advice about an existing IVA or is thinking of proposing one. A lot of my clients also now come so it is great to meet up for a natter and find out how they are getting along.

Have a look at the section entitled "events" above for further details - and it would be great if you could make one of the meetings.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:04 pm
I've not been to one yet myself, but it is basically a social gathering of people on the forum, together with some of the experts.
They usually meet in a hotel, and food and drink is laid on.

They are supposed to be quite good. If you look on the panel at the side under 'Events' there is a link to frugal friends. Click on it and you can see what happens.

I shall be going to the next one in the Midlands.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

CJ08

Post by CJ08 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:08 pm
I like the idea so any one of the forum members can go who are not in an iva then!?
Life is one big challenge so what are you going to give me today!?

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:12 pm
Look at my post!!! I would really like to attend one of these and get to know personally others who are in my position. PS: I only found out tonight what Frugal Friends are!!!! they sound fab, I'm sort of picturing that episode from the Simpsons e.g. initiation (is that how you spell it!!) only joking !!!
When will this all end?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:16 pm
No - you don't have to be in an IVA at all to attend. Andrew Graveson is going to be at the next meeting in Slough and will also be providing advice on DMPs and mortgages for anyone who wants to have a chat with him as well.

CJ08

Post by CJ08 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:19 pm
Cool.... i live in london so when the next one is in london ill be well up for meeting up and putting names to the faces!!
Life is one big challenge so what are you going to give me today!?

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:19 pm
We really do have a great evening ... lots of lovely people, lots of chat ... some nice sandwiches ... a few (!) drinks ... a truly great evening shared with likeminded people, anyone is welcome and equally welcome to bring a friend or other half along.

Debbie
Debbie

pixie

Post by pixie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:25 pm
everyone's welcome! They are really great evening's and a great chance to meet up and catch up with new friends and old. If you get chance you must go! Everyone's in a similar position and we chat about anything and everything!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:45 pm
... except I wont be able to be at Slough on the 13th Sept as am going to a wedding in Cambridge ... will really miss you all.[:(]

Debbie
Debbie

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:10 pm
we are only a half hour from slough so have put date in diary...so will hope to attend...it is the 13th sept????...any idea where???and time etc....or is too early to book details /

we would also like to have a slot in one of the experts clinics to chat through one aspect of our IVA if poss so i expect someone on forum will let us know how to go about that nearer the time???
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:28 pm
Hi there

I will be arranging a venue over the weekend for the next meeting - so look out for further details. If you e-mail Andy Davie at the site he will arrange a meeting for you.

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:38 pm
thanks melanie....is it wise to book time now with andy or wait till nearer the time etc

we also may bring a couple of friends with us...they are at tail end of bankruptcy and may need some advice re BI and CHARGING order etc....they havent posted on forum...i havent mentioned it to them as didnt want to if it was specifically for forum members only
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:55 pm
As the events normally start at around 7.00 pm, if you want to come along as say 6.30 we can find a quiet corner for a chat. If you can e-mail your real name to Andy, I will put you in my diary. Would be very happy to help your friends as well.

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:21 am
thanks melanie....how do i email andy or you...??

via Andy's link on the home page [:)]
admin
Mc Cambridge Duffy

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for july”