Full and final advice please!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Greentrees1822

Post by Greentrees1822 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:22 pm
Hi, I am coming up to my 3rd year in my iva in January.
I’m suffering with extreme anxiety linked to the iva, I’ve just had a baby and have a 4 year old too so I’m just all over the place. I have a mortgage on my property I have no idea why equity we have. We have a help to buy on it which interest is due to be paid back from next month.
I’m paying £130 currently, not likely till go up as cost of everything going up plus childcare fees going up too from January. I want to know what you think my chances of a full and final are?
If I was to offer another 3 years of payments to counter in the year I would probably have to add on if I couldn’t release equity I would owe £4600
I was going to ask my mum if she would lend me this money to cents my iva, if I offered the full £4600 do you think I would have chance of being accepted or would offering a little more say £5000 be more ideal?

I’m with mccambridge Duffy if that means anything, they have been great so far no issues.

I just really need this gone I don’t mind having to pay my mum back but I need control of my life again without having anxiety attacks all the time 😢

Thanks for reading! :)

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:11 pm
In your favour is that you are with McCD --- they are a helpful and fair firm to deal with.

It is usual practice, where there is equity involved, to include 12 extra months in lieu of the equity release ( which is usually what they get anyway, in the end). I feel an offer of £4600 should be seriously considered by creditors and a chat with McCD would be useful.

Best of luck.
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”