Full and final offer

16 posts Page 1 of 2

Grasshopper81

Post by Grasshopper81 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:15 pm
Good afternoon everyone

First of all sorry about my english, not my native language.
I was reading the forum the last couple of years. Since 2016 me and my partner in IVA as unfortunately we went into credit card spiral after our daughter birth. We still have to pay for 17month.
Our contributions £155+£130. So left to pay into IVA £2643+£2210.
Our plan to move back to Hungary in April (as pandemic hit our family there and they need a help), but we dont want to leave any debt behind us in the UK.
My sister in law offered us to help make an offer to our creditors. She can help with £2700+£2200.
Just spoke with our IVA company Jarvis, (we been with Aperture before till last year) they told what we need send to them (I&E update, 3month payslips, bank statements, 3rd party details etc.)
My question is : can we set a final date in the 3rd party offering letter to get answer as soon as possible to make any further decision. I know its a slower process now, but we would like to sort it out before april.
Its that amount enough for the offer or it is too low?
Any templates for the request what we can use or any specific information need to be written?
What can be happen if the offer rejected, but we cannot pay longer from abroad as should.
Thanks for any answer

King regards

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:32 pm
It looks like a good offer. It should be done wbefore April, especially if you ask Jarvis to "pull out all the stops" (hurry). You cannot demand that it be dealt with by a certain date, but you could mention that the monies might no longer be available after April 1st.

I would hope that the offer will be accepted, but, if not, then the IVA could fail if you cannot continue paying from Hungary. Now that the UK is no longer in the EU I do not know what, if anything, British based creditors can do to chase the debt --- some UK creditors might have EU based offices that could chase the debt through European Courts and enforcement systems.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Grasshopper81

Post by Grasshopper81 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:57 pm
Thank for the reply Foggy.
Thats what we want to avoid (failed IVA). And definitely dont wanna run away from the debt. Learned enough in the last 3.5years how to live within budget. Lifetime experience im sure.
Hope 2month enough to sort it out. If declined we gonna re-think how to do forward.
Fingers crossed, sending all the paperworks in monday.

Cheers

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:48 am
It sounds like a good offer and one that I hope creditors look on favourably.

Lifetime experience it truly is and one that will always be in the back of your mind...Good luck
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Grasshopper81

Post by Grasshopper81 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:36 pm
Thank you. Hope so. Learned from our mistakes. Looking forward and stay positive 🤞
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:48 amluluj wrote:
It sounds like a good offer and one that I hope creditors look on favourably.

Lifetime experience it truly is and one that will always be in the back of your mind...Good luck

Grasshopper81

Post by Grasshopper81 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:45 am
Afternoon.
Hope all u doin well. Posted a long time ago.
So after 8weeks, finally got a phone call to do the variation meeting. Took ages to sort out and explain the paperworks to jarvis or now debt movement (they changed a name again...). Im a bit confused and feel nervous about income expenditure review as was few question thru phone why we had a bit more income the last 2month. Wasnt more than 10% on the original income. And as we do various hours each month as working in retail the salary always different. They numbers shows we have extra £200 each month to dispose what we dont know from where. We been honest and tried be within the limits the last few years. We really hope they can sort it out and get positive feedback to approve our offer. Unfortunately im off for a sick now due my back injury cames back (best timing). Dont know whats gonna be if rejected. All what we can do is fingers still crossed and wait few more weeks again...then hopefully we can move to help our family.
Stay safe guys.

Michelle0311

Post by Michelle0311 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 am
When you say you work in retail, are you classed as a ‘critical worker’ during covid?

If you are, overtime and bonus payments paid because of covid do not need to be declared during pandemic as far as I am aware. Would this count as you fluctuation/increase in the last two months?

Grasshopper81

Post by Grasshopper81 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:55 pm
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 amMichelle0311 wrote:
When you say you work in retail, are you classed as a ‘critical worker’ during covid?

If you are, overtime and bonus payments paid because of covid do not need to be declared during pandemic as far as I am aware. Would this count as you fluctuation/increase in the last two months?
Hi Michelle
Yes we are both stated as a “critical worker”.
I try to chase them up tomorrow again as we still have no feedback about variation meeting date or any update.

Grasshopper81

Post by Grasshopper81 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:25 pm
Hi all
18th of may the day when the variation meeting will happen 🤞 fingers crossed in the next 3weeks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:02 pm
Best of luck for the 18th :)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Michelle0311

Post by Michelle0311 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:59 am
Hi,

How did you get on on the 18th? Was you offer accepted?

Grasshopper81

Post by Grasshopper81 » Thu May 27, 2021 2:30 am
Good morning
Finally have time to put a quick comment/update.
Happy days 😀
Our offer was accepted on 18th. We did pay out last week. Since very busy and have no much time to come back here, as preparing for moving abroad soon. Not sure the date yet, but finally soon. Thanks for the helps, readed almost all the forum posts.
Looks like we can re build our life soon after many month in stress. 🤞

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu May 27, 2021 4:47 am
Great to hear that it was accepted and you are now pending through certificate of completion so you can move forwards once again.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 27, 2021 6:56 am
Well done ! Great to hear it all went through OK. Good luck with your move and the new future.

Grasshopper81

Post by Grasshopper81 » Thu May 27, 2021 3:21 pm
Thu May 27, 2021 4:47 amluluj wrote:
Great to hear that it was accepted and you are now pending through certificate of completion so you can move forwards once again.
Thank you. Yes awating for certificate, could take up to 6month. They couldnt tell how long it takes, but our landlord aware, if needed to send after us.
Looking forward and good luck for everyone who is in same situation 🤞
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “full and final settlements”