Full and Final Settlement amount

6 posts Page 1 of 1

shaun

Post by shaun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:21 am
Hello All,

I have 9 months left of my IVA and I pay £400 per month in. My Supervisors fees I've worked out to be £83.33 per month. A family member has offered an amount to clear the IVA. From the figures above I think an amount of around £2,800 should match what I would pay anyway.

Would somebody be able to confirm I'm looking at this correctly before I tell my family what sort of sum we are looking at?

Many thanks

Shaun

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:12 am
There doesn't seem much point to offer a final settlement when you are so close to finalising the IVA. Personally I would just carry on with your monthly payments.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:23 am
I agree. By the time you have put an offer forward and a meeting has been sorted, you will be a month or two closer anyway.

Don't forget that the IVA will still be on your record anyway.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

shaun

Post by shaun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am
Thanks for the advice, typically how long does the whole process take then from me telling my IP that I wish to make an offer and then actually closing it all off?

The money will be available at the end of April and I want to make the offer early enough that we can just hand over the payment at the end of April so that its all done and dusted?

I appreciate that I'm almost finished with the IVA anyway but I want rid of it as it feels like its something thats always hanging over me.

Many thanks

Shaun

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:58 pm
That is a question you will need to pose to your own IP Shaun. There is no set timescale for putting these sort of things forward.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

poxy

Post by poxy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:09 pm
Hi I have just had mine accepted and the whole process will take upto 3 months from today and it has toook 40 days to get to this point so all in all around 4 months.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”