Full and final

9 posts Page 1 of 1

saz

Post by saz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:21 pm
I have just had my 3 year review so ive got 2 years left.

My dad has recently been made redundant and offered to pay off my IVA, in the next year my parents are looking to downsize which may lead to me having to rent somewhere and also my job isnt 100% secure at the moment.

I have rang payplan and asked about making a full and final settlement and they basically said they cant advise me what to offer,

Ive not got all the figures with me but was told today that i owe £5127.00.

What would be a reasonable figure to offer?

Any info would be great x
Three cheers for IVA's
Wish I had done it sooner
23months to go

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:11 am
Hi Saz

I always think as near to the final dividend as you can is always the best for any f&f offer, obviously depending on circumstances in respect of why the F&F is being offered.

I'm sure one of our professionals or other posters who have completed via F&F will be along very soon. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 am
Lesley is correct in that anything near the original dividend improves the chances of acceptance. I am surprised that Payplan have not given you a figure to achieve this bearing in mind any reduction in fees. £3-4,000 should be close but you would need to advise of any equity in your property if you have one.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

saz

Post by saz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:45 pm
Thank you to both of you for getting back to me, I have sent my letter and dad's letter off today, Dad is able to lend me £3800.00 and I said I am able to pay the next three months payments (i will have to start looking for somewhere to live in July) so all together I have offered 4442.00 so hopefully this will be accepted, Thanks again and I will let you know how I get on x
Three cheers for IVA's
23months to go

saz

Post by saz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:46 pm
Oops sorry forgot to mention I dont have any equity, Payplan said they can advise me what to offer I just have to send a letter with a figure and they will get the ball rolling x
Three cheers for IVA's
23months to go

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:17 pm
I hope your offer is accepted and I wish you all the best. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm
Sounds like a very fair offer and good luck from me too.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:42 am
Good luck from me as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:58 pm
There may be no reduction in fees if the IP is remunerated on the basis of a percentage of realisations, so an offer of around £5k may be more sensible.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”