further on...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

dixie002

Post by dixie002 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:40 pm
Further to my earlier post, we studied our original iva agreement which listed clearly barclays and the debt in question as part of the agreement. Am so stressesd as although we cleared our iva in full over 2 years ago, how can barclays now demand money which was part of the agreemeny? Am now worried that our ip made some error and it asnt been paid and we will have to pay this letter demanding 11k or else. Please help.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:02 pm
Don't be stressed!! Barclays were covered in the IVA and I'm sure that it is just a mistake.

Have you checked your credit records?

It will have been paid!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:05 pm
I would be ripping someone's head off on Monday!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:06 pm
They will have been included or they would have kicked up long before now. Have a look at your review paperwork, that will list who was paid what, as should the closing report to creditors, which you will have been sent a copy of.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:55 am
Panic not .. you are protected. My guess is someone hasnt updated their records fully and it will be an error.
Talk to your IVA provider on Monday ..just cos your IVA ended two years ago does not mean they won't help and support you.
Although angry staying calm and professional when dealing with them will hopefully get you a quick response, apology and retraction of request.
Let us know how you get on.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:12 am
I had a similar letter last week which made me panic. On investigation the letter was generated automatically when Barclays realised that they had been interest charged in error, which was credited against the original debt. The central file was already marked as settled, so nothing to worry about!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:06 am
I think to stay calm is the way forward and hopefully it's just an error.

See darth_invader's post above, hopefully be the same/similar position for yourself. Do let us know.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”