george osbournes budget

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
93 posts Page 1 of 7

Keepingmyheadabovewater

Post by Keepingmyheadabovewater » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:43 pm
hi to all forum members did does every body think of george osbournes budget i will be £170.00 per year better of but take 50% of that for my crediters which is £85.00 and then the VAT at now 20% from jan 2011 i will be no better of but i will get some pain by buying things if i need a mp3 player or cars and all of your bills .
i agree with the tax levy on the banks as its because of them we will front most of the pain and there will be 1.5 millons more on the dole
what does all of the forum members think.
JOHN

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:52 pm
I don't think anyone 'needs' an MP3 player!

Keepingmyheadabovewater

Post by Keepingmyheadabovewater » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 pm
hi skippy i only used that for a example but if you go in to retails shops the extra 2.5%% will hurt and osbourne wont get the money he needs to get britons debt down and retail shops will go to the wall
JOHN

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:04 pm
I understand what you mean n dont think anyone is looking forward to it. But the 20% increase will commence from January not with immediate effect.
To be honest Im not going to buy anything that I dont "have or really dont need". And just try n ride it out through the rest of my IVA, n hope I have a little pot to run away with at the end!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Keepingmyheadabovewater

Post by Keepingmyheadabovewater » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:09 pm
hi mrsknight the best thing to do is buy from now until december i think labour will be back in power next year sorting these clowns damage out what they have done and nick clegg is a massive turn coat dont vote for is party only vote labour .you know your jobs are safe with them
JOHN

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:12 pm
At least they aren't putting VAT on food, that really would be a problem. We're in debt, it has to be paid for. I personally won't be buying anything I don't need, it equates to an extra £12.50 for a £500 TV. If you can afford a £500 TV you can afford the extra £12.50. I think the budget is hard, but it has to be.

Keepingmyheadabovewater

Post by Keepingmyheadabovewater » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:17 pm
hi louiseh its the banks fault about the level of debt england is in i agree with that tax on the bank and make them pay for what they have done.the ression as no bother greedee bankers geting massive bonuses are we are stuffing for that
JOHN

Boxochocs

Post by Boxochocs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:30 pm
Hi all, I think the point here is that we will all be affected in some way by the VAT rise. For example our phone bills & petrol etc.

It's not just those who have money for the finer things in life. We will all need to buckle our belts even tighter- a scary thought as mine is at bursting point already!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:32 pm
John, I don't see that many people on here will be buying non essentials between now and the end of the year!

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:36 pm
From an IVA point of view, would basic increases in expediture such as household bills etc not be covered when submitting a new income and expediture review each year. Its the Adhoc purchases that are going to cost you more, for example when your washing machine packs up

Sinking Fast

Post by Sinking Fast » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:40 pm
Now that would be a luxury - buying things I dont need.

Im sure thats what got me into this financial predicament in the 1st place.

With regards to the levy on the banking industry; they will undertake a recoup exercise, and guess who will contribute to the majority of the government tax levy??

Yes you the customer.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 pm
Hi John - Im in no rush to buy anything, though could do with this n could do with that. The things I am desperate for - Im not about to run out n buy them, I like to sit on my pennies!
We do have to face facts though - this country no matter which party the debt started with, and I fully believe the debt was there long before labour etc.
We have to pay it back n sort ourselves out - just like us individuals in IVAs.
As long as the VAT does not go on food/clothes/shoes etc. N dont get me started on Cars!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:50 pm
Couldnt the government go for an IVA. Now that is something I would pay to see the I&E for the country, and to get things clear when Labour took over the country was in the black.

briggadeen

Post by briggadeen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:56 pm
I'm not really interested in politics but I did watch the budget live and I do agree with most of it! I think they could have taken more of others ie; the benefit scroungers and bankers!

GettingHelp

Post by GettingHelp » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:58 pm
oh Carole, now that has made me laugh, I would give up my weekly food budget to see that lol
IVA APPROVED
93 posts Page 1 of 7
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”