Get your shopping delivered!!!!

33 posts Page 2 of 3

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:30 pm
I was cross when I went shopping the other day - I picked up some Birdseye fish fingers and I noticed that what used to be a pack of 36 is now a pack of 30 for the same price!

Well done Kallis for not buying Heinz or HP - I hadn't thought of it, although I am planning on complete boycott of Tesco (as opposed to my current semi boycott!) as they rejected the motion at their AGM requesting that the chickens they sell be looked after to a better standard prior to slaughter. I remember a while ago they were selling whole chickens for £1.99 - I would rather go without as I can't bear to think how the chickens must have been kept.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:17 pm
I noticed a few years back that several heinz tins started to have a lower net weight,without the tin reducing in physical size,you just got less in the thing. Talk about dodgy practices!!!
Also mars bars are shrinking,they used to be huge when I was 8!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Hi There,
I might try the online option - at the moment I don't mind walking round the supermarket and feeling proud that I havent bought anything that is not on my list!! Morrison's baled beans are ok - I often put marmite on the toast as it gives them a bit of a zing!! I was going to try theMTV Bikini diet, but the shopping lists are ridiculous - and anyway I'm finding i'm loosing weight on the IVA diet of beans on toast at least three times a week.
The new price war is good - many aples at ASDA for 50p, such as bread, 6 eggs, etc.
Meat wise I tend to buy mince (and again Morrisons or Teasco are better than ) and cook Chilli, Spag Bols, Cottage pie, Dutch Roast - all tasty and cheap!!!
I'm looking forward to getting my Bread card courtesy of John Tegg, bless him.
C x
Chardonnay

debtfreesusie67

Post by debtfreesusie67 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Whats Dutch Roast Chardonnay?
Hugs
Sue
The only way is up

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:06 pm
Never heard of that one, but if it's cheap I'll give it a try!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:28 pm
not a good idea for me soon everyone won`t move from their houses everything will be delivered.Get out there and get some fresh air and fitness if you walk this restricts how much you spend because you cant carry too much home[:D]

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:37 pm
My daughter has been trying to convert me to online shopping for a while now ... I might just try it after hearing of everyone else's experiences [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:38 pm
Once a month we get an asda order delivered. We order all the heavy and bulky stuff ( Asda's own pop, bleach, washing powder, tins, toiletries etc) We also have our frozen stuff delivered. Try to get your order delivered midweek, you get less substitutes (in my experience). I am wary of having fresh produce delivered because I like to reach for the stuff at the back with the longest sell by dates. We go once a week for our perishables and to check out any bargains. I got a beef joint which had been reduced 4 times!( Just scraped off the green bits and it was fine [:D] )
My thanks to Melanie and her team :)

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:34 pm
I have come on to confess...

Went shopping to our local tesco tonight,they are doing a deal where if you take in your gas,electric or water bill they will give you a £5 voucher off a £30 minimum shop. Well coz the young lad doing the vouchers seemed unsure I told him that I should get a voucher for every £50 of my gas bill(which was £150),and the poor lad handed over the 3x £5 off voucher,it quite clearly states on the big notice board 1 voucher per bill!!! He will probably get the sack!!!

Anyhow thats a £75 shop for £65 and a £10 chinese takeaway for me and my son with the saving(the wife is away on a night shift).

Thanks tesco,every little helps!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:55 pm
Plasticdaft - what are you like!

I can't get mine delivered 'cos Asda don't deliver to me, but I object to having an extra fiver on my bill for the delivery.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:03 pm
I am a bad,bad man,but my sweet and sour chicken was just that,sweet and sour,and tasty!!
Plus we can take another bill in for next weeks shop(get the £5 voucher from it) and use the remaining voucher we got tonight,split the shop into 2 £30 shops and get £35 pound worth in each trolley!!

Next week we shall dine on suckling pig and fois gras(whatever that is!!!).

Or perhaps we will just buy extra chocolate,yum yum.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:06 pm
Extra chocolate sounds good........all round to your place then?
Bob Marley.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:09 pm
I shall get the chocolate fountain out,its great you get to feel healthy coz you are eating fruit,just its covered in lovely yummy chocolate heheh.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:14 pm
Chocolate fountain mmmmmmmmmmm! Can I have a few marshmallows as well please?
Bob Marley.

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:07 am
Hi,
Dutch Roast -
Put mince into a bowl, add chopped onion, some bread crumbs, some tomato ketchup and egg - then get your hands in there and mix it all together!! Once mixed you get golden bread crumbs - they come in a tub, the ones you might use for fish, etc. Shape the mixture into a loaf shape and completely cover with the golden breadcrumbs. That's it, roast it in the oven until golden brown and serve with whatever you like, roast potatoes, veg, etc. It's also delicious cold with salad. A cheap meal for everyone! The quantities will depend on how many you're trying to feed - go with your feelings, you're aiming for a consistency that is easy to shape into the loaf shape, not too dry or sloppy. (Hope that's clear, if not let me know!!)
I love it - my mum used to make it and so it always reminds me of family times!!
Enjoy,
Hugs,
Cx
Chardonnay
33 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “postings for june”