Getting married soon after IVA starts

26 posts Page 2 of 2

i_a

Post by i_a » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:41 am
In the words of Gordan Brown:

Thankyou comrades.

Signing off now and using my new ID after this.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:03 pm
I was worried that you were going to say "in the words of Gordon Brown I want your money!"

Onwards and upwards!!!

gimmewine

Post by gimmewine » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:44 pm
Lol, wrong msg board there Skippy. I am sure you could easily devote an entirely different msg board to the Gordon Brown budgets and have lots of posts. Just imagine what the impact will be if this road tax of £1.35 per mile ever gets through. I do 20000 miles and my sal before tax is approx 28k. Am I gonna give up work and live on benefits? you bet I am, I'll be better off

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:08 pm
IF ITS ACASE OF IPS READING THIS MESSAGE BOARD ALL I CAN SAY IS IT DONE ME THE WORLD OF GOOD AT LEAST I GOT ME MONEY BACK.BUT I MUST ADMIT IT MAKES YOU THINK.
IS THERE ANY WHERE YOU CAN TALK AND WE ON THIS FORUM REALLY NEED TO TALK,MAYBE WE WILL ALL LEARN MORSE CODE?

Nikki Taylor

Post by Nikki Taylor » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:53 pm
This is illegal for Thomas Charles, have now been reported to watchdog. I would also encourage others to write to them to http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_ra ... ndex.shtml

Hope you are well
Hope you are well

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:58 pm
I have read this thread with interest as it obviously affects security of those posting. I would like to point out that this is a public forum and as such is visible by all. This visibility is exactly what makes it such a useful tool. If you wish to post questions about your case then i suggest that you use an anonymous name.

I have looked at the account and see that the poster used their surname as their username. This is not a good idea if you want to get anonymous feedback. I have referred the case to Thomas Charles and Accuma as I am not happy about them supposedly 'monitoring' the site. They should be updating me shortly on their response.
Best, Admin.
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:11 pm
Its sad really because if thomas charles and other companys did not monitor this forum so many people would not get the expert advise and support they need,where do you draw the line its available to all and sundry on the web site,i was only jokeing about morse code,hope it hasnt offended anyone

gimmewine

Post by gimmewine » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:12 pm
I can see both sides of the argument here as well. I work in the Accountancy profession and have had the same dilemma in the past. I overheard something in a pub which related to fraudulent dealings at work. I turned round and realised that not only did I know the person, they worked for the same organisation as me. So I had a very uncomfortable weekend while I decided what to do.

As an IP you have to present your clients proposal based on all the facts, so if you become aware the facts are incorrect or may be incorrect, do you ignore it or ask the person and make sure you present the correct case? Just imagine what would happen if Thomas Charles had ignored this and the creditors find out later? They will most likely want to reassess and that may force the person into bankruptcy after have made x number of IVA payments. how sickening would that be? As much as I believe in free speech, I think I may have chosen to make the client aware as Thomas Charles have done.

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:30 am
sorry if you hear talk of others it called hearsay and cannot be held against you and that is what this forum is all about , it doesn't matter who we are were we are from we are here to help each other regardless and thats the way it should remain
kerri

Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

gimmewine

Post by gimmewine » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:50 am
Absolutely, we are not here to judge, everyone makes mistakes. However, in this case the question was, should I tell my IP and the answer is yes, because it will make a big difference to your options. I realise that it is one of my clients and that I may be currently advising them incorrectly because I am unaware of some facts. If I carry on as if nothing has happened I may be responsible for costing that client a lot of money, because 3 or 6 months into an IVA they get married and the IVA will have to be reassessed or worse still, may fail. Fair enough, I cannot go broadcasting the clients identity on this forum, but I would be doing them a disservice if I carried on steering them down an inappropriate path, so I would be inclined to check it out by asking the client privately.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:07 pm
Hi
I think Thomas Charles were correct in dealing with this future problem now,however they would have been better not saying that they were monitoring this forum but were just curious about a post and wondered if it was you.
This forum will remain unbiased and I hope that everyone will continue to contribute as before.Afterall we are here to help each other.
regards

Please check out my blog: http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk
Andam Davies
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “IVA postbag for march”