Gifts from Harry Puss

36 posts Page 1 of 3

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:19 pm
As you can probably tell from the title, Harry's been his usual generous self! No, we haven't had any pond weed (the neighbours didn't buy any this year, can't think why!), it's been worse than that!

A couple of weeks ago we found half a baby frog on the lawn, then we came home and found the biggest spider I've ever seen squashed on the rug in the living room, and we came home last Friday and found a dead baby frog on the bedroom carpet!

What is it with cats and their little gifts? Why can't he bring things like Wispa bars and Jammy Dodgers?!?!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:31 pm
Oooh, that's not good Skip! At least my dogs don't bring me anything home like that!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 pm
I'm not a cat lover but if they could bring Wispa bars home well I'd have a few!

Seriously he's a tinker isn't he? I'm like Jan my dogs don't bring me anything thank goodness. The lab goes fishing with hubby and he sits and watches rats with his head cocked to one side...great ratter he'd turn out to be!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:45 pm
I'm sure Suzie would love to bring me back a dead squirrel or two!

She's not given the chance!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 pm
Awww, bless ole Harry Puss,he's probably feline(groan) very proud of himself Skip, bringing you all those gifts[:D] even though they're not wanted...I know where you're coming from with the Wispa bars[:p] though, now that would be welcomed[;)]..Has anyone tried that new caramel one advertised yet?
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 am
I avoid chocolate like the plague at the minute as I'm trying to lose weight....doesn't always work though and may look at the new caramel one if I see it! lol x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:30 am
I'm trying to avoid chocolate but it always seems to call to me! I will definitely have to try the caramel one if I see it!

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:56 am
yuck....I don't envy the froggie presents Skippy. We used to have voles and mice brought to us every morning...normally half eaten [:0] Since having Dobby, the cats haven't brought anything....I'm not offended though [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 pm
Hypnotherapy to make sure you don't like chocolate - that's the best thing![:D]
Bob Marley.

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:42 pm
Bless him, I guess going into a shop is too much trouble, eh?

Harry you are special, you really are, I can just imagine the expression on his face.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:17 pm
I'd die of embarrassment if he started shoplifting from the corner shop!

I didn't see any of the presents being left, but I can imagine him looking very proud of himself! Because his top jaw is white and the bottom is black he looks like he's smiling!

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:28 pm
My grandson stole a scarf from new look last year whilst in his buggy and yes we did return it when we realised!

lollyj

Post by lollyj » Wed May 12, 2010 10:21 am
I was living with my partner, and he had just gotten a new kitten. I was walking through the living room on afternoon when i got home and it was dark. I trod on something but just assumed it was something which had left on the ground..it was kind of soft so i thought maybe a pillow or something. I went over and opened the curtains and there was a poor little miner bird with its feet stuck up in the air. I felt disgusting..I´d just trodden on it! I felt horrible. The kitten was always catching skinks and playing with them. I much prefer dogs I think!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:41 pm
I presume you are not from the UK lolly? We only have Mynah birds as pets, and skinks are not a native species with us.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 12, 2010 6:54 pm
I think Lolly says in another post she is Austrailian x
36 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “pets corner”