Giving up Smoking!!!

26 posts Page 2 of 2

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:12 pm
I consider myself to be an expert on giving up smoking, having done it so many times!... Just started again after a brief and unsuccesful flirtation with champix, but in the past have tried patches, gum, will power and alan carrs book (that didn't taste nice at all)...

Planning to stop again next week, have a friend whose a hypnotise and claims a 100% success rate!!!...

Martin

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:50 pm
come on martin, you can do it, ive done 3 months now, and it gets easier as time goes on. the first two weeks were awful, but after that its ok

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:30 pm
6 years, 2 months and 6 days since I had my last ciggy. Not that I'm counting [:)]
My thanks to Melanie and her team :)

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:29 am
Thanks for the encouragement Debbie.... was supposed to have tried again from today.....but it's now from tomorrow..... I'm soooo very bad at this.....

Martin

lily

Post by lily » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:43 am
I smoke also, more now than I did when I was working. As I worked in the NHS I didnt want to smell and only had a couple per day. Now its 10 at least. Anyhow I out it down on my expenses and I was allowed 40 pound max per month. I gave up for 6 years and really didnt mind, but then marriage split and all my new friends smoked so I started again. I think weight gain is the biggest issue as I did really gain before. I dont smoke in my house though, so when its cold I dont have as many. Would love to stop and be back at work.
lily

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:16 pm
I've now done nearly 5 months.Stopped as my IVA was being processed.Dream of them sometimes.Some days are desperately bad.Others don't even consider it.Chopping away on Nicorette gum.Used Champix in the early months.Used to spend approx £35 week on ciggies.So did husband.We stopped together.He says he mainly wants a cig now when he's with me!!! Not sure why this is as I only want one when very stresse[:(]d Keep going.It's worth it.I find I can sniff a smoker out by a mile at least now.My kids are very pleased with us.The best thing was at xmas we managed to buy our son a laptop with the ciggie money.CASH!! Cat

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:07 am
I have done 3 months now without a cig, and its still hard. I find that some days i don't even think about it, and others i think about it all the time. I'm so glad i stopped, but i still miss it. They say "Once a smoker, always a smoker", and i think there is truth in this. Martin, hows it going, have you stopped?

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:55 pm
We still off the face tubes, 4 months now so doing ok.
Well done to everyone else who has managed to keep off them and fo the ones that haven't, try again, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.
Cat, it must have been very rewarding buying your son's laptop cash, well done you!!
It's nice to be back......

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:43 pm
I tried to stop loads of times in the past, hope this time i stay off them. I'm definately more determined this time. I think that's because of the money they cost now !

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:39 pm
Keep going Debbie and Chris.I agree with the 'once a smoker' expression.I want one sometimes whilst congratulating myself for being stopped.Still very vulnerable some days..did have a sneaky one few weeks back.One.It tasted yuck, but also good.I kew I could have had more, but chose not too.I think the iva has really helped me here.There is simply not enough money to smoke as I used to and I know I couldn't just have a couple a day as some people manage.I'm a total addict.Cat

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:46 pm
I smoked from the age of 14!!! Well over 20 years. Whenever I have stopped and then had a cheeky one, I feel sick at the taste, but one leads to another, and another, and another. I also agree that you are a smoker after 1 ciggie and always will be, but saying that you don't smoke helps. Having no money definately helps, no nights out so no temptation......lol
It's nice to be back......
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “weight watchers club”