God

18 posts Page 1 of 2

hara

Post by hara » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:49 am
Dear all,

I hope I am going to initiate a very interesting discussion on this fourm.

There was a time when I used to belive in God. Having had a wreteched experience of life and continuing to have one, at times losing self respect and having a very difficult and unhappy life,experiencing tragedies and still continuing to have a wretced life , putting children and wife through wretched life, I am very doubtful now.

Now I only believe in Godly act of good people.

Thanks.
With regards.
Hara.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 am
Hi there

I cant agree with that, sorry. I do believe that we take so much for granted without thanks most of the time. The morning, the sunshine, the rain, birds, bees, tress, the way the world works (without us of course) is perfect.

There are challenges in life, yes, some seem really impossible, some seem really unfair, they shape us. Sometimes a plant needs chopping down to make it more beautiful or to grow in the right way, so do we.

Most but not all suffering is caused by mans inhumanity to man. Some think its okay and they have a licence to bully others. We have a tendancy to push too far sometimes, we dont always realise how we affect others.

Thats my opinion anyway.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:58 am
I have to say that I am not a believer either. If there is a God, why doesn't he sort out the suffering in the world? All those poor kiddies you see on TV starving and needing medical help, they have done nothing to deserve the state they are in.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

hara

Post by hara » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:10 pm
Dear all,

I knew this would start something very interesting.

Dear freelili,chopping a plant is fine, but it is repeated and frequent chopping and in some cases uprooting of plant that is so bad and unfair.

With regards.

Hara.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:17 pm
Hi

I get angry with my lot too to be honest, really, really angry but I cant change anything and I will never be bitter. Either I am positive in my approach or negative, I choose to be positive, I dont have to like it though. It would be a hell of a lot worse if I balked against it.

Thats just how I see it, no offence meant to you, you just asked the question and I gave my opinion. We all have our own experiences that make us the people we are. Its fine to be cross and angry if thats how your 'lot' has made you feel as mine does sometimes. If you dont believe in God thats fine too, you have your own choice.

I just chose to believe but that doesnt mean anyone else has to.
LILY

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 pm
I totally agree Lily. It's each to his own, some believe, some don't. It would be a dull world if we all agreed with each other on everything.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

hara

Post by hara » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:25 pm
Dear freelili,

My lot has not made me angry,if any thing it is because of me they are suffering.

With regard to God I belive in Godly act by people to help others than in the existance of God.

Thanks.
Hara

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:39 pm
Hara

Youre precious to those who care for and love you, we all make mistakes. I remember my son saying to me, are you happy mommy? I wasnt at the time as I was too knee deep in debt to even want to live. Then he said, I prayed to God that you would be happy, has it worked? It was then I realised he didnt care that we had no money, or that things were going to change, he just needed a happy mommy, someone that didnt want to die over money. I sure changed after that.
LILY

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:02 pm
Hi,

I was brought up in arteligious family and attended services 2 maybe 3 times a week at times. As I got older, I left religion behind, but these past few years I have found myself believing and wanting to believe again. Although I do not actually go to Church.

Yes, I wonder why God would allow the suffering that goes on but at the same time I accept if there's a God there must be evil too. I think its wonderful to have faith.

Its very personal and I wouldn't judge anyone on their religious or non religious beliefs.

xx

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:09 pm
Hi

I dont go to church either, I used to though. Its down to choice, no one person is better than another, whatever their beliefs are. I have known church goers who I dont like one bit, others are athiest that I couldnt live without.

I just choose to believe in God and hope he likes me right back.
LILY

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:29 pm
I believe in God and my children have all gone to a Church school, not they're older it's up to them what they believe. I don't go to church and don't always practice what I preach but I do believe.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:31 pm
Right now my brother in law is seriously ill with an infection, we dont know which way its going to go, he is 48. My heart is breaking seeing my sister go through this but inside I am strangely calm. I pray with everything I have he will put through but somehow I just know, whatever happens, we will deal with it. I just hope we can have our Steve with us for a long time yet. I love my sister and so do the rest of our family, we have been through a lot as a family, especially with the loss of our Mother. I dont know what else to do but have faith that the right thing happens.

I woke up this morning asking for a sign that he was with us, with me, first thing I saw was this post. Entitled God.
Last edited by freelili on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LILY

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:50 pm
LadyH - I bet you were relieved to see Mick (or could have clocked him one for putting you through the worry). It must be difficult to understand why God would take your precious Chris so young. I don't know how I would feel, but maybe he needs some caring good young men to help him out... thats something that a friend of mine clings to, her son was cruelly taken away when he was 17 [:(]

Lily - my thoughts are also with you and your family. You come across as such a calm, caring lady. I'm sure you must be a huge comfort to your sister. I hope your brother in law recovers soon.

As, I said I don't go to church anymore but I do believe. xx

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 pm
Lily, my thoughts are with you and hope you get some positive news very soon.
Its horrible watching family memebers going through pain and suffering and there is nothing you can do.

Thinking of you
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:50 pm
Thinking of you Lily. Big hug from me. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “pets corner”