going well!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

tamzin

Post by tamzin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:26 pm
hI all

Well my first month in the iva as gone fantasically. Even after buying new school uniforms , attending a wedding and a Bad manners gig still had £50 left to put in savings
Hubby did do two overtime shifts but in our previous life they would have been swallowed up by debt instead of put to good use.
Anyone looking in and considering IVA as an option, i can honestly say its the best thing i have done in 10 years , and how strange to have no post - credit card bills etc its fantastic!!

I do have a query -
I will recieve an increment next month in my wage which was due to me in April before i entered the IVA , but due to some policy changes etcthe increment was delayed until October so as built up. How will this be treated, it will be about £300?. Also the increment means my basis wage will increase £50ish a month . Do i have to start paying extra now or does this change from my first review?
[:D]

pog1234

Post by pog1234 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:50 pm
wow...well done. we are pre IVA but have been budgeting very carefully this month and to be honest living within our I&E should be fairly easy to achieve. I have saved so much planning meals and shopping carefully. I am really looking forward to the challenge.
Gosh.....life is so much easier!

tamzin

Post by tamzin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:28 pm
Hi pog
Don't get me wrong we haven't been fine dining or anything
Food shopping as been with a calculator etc, but it is definately achievable.
Luckily my Hubby can do overtime, so we can always have £150-200 a month on top of our allowance.
I am really enjoying the budgeting strange as it may seem and really felt like i had achieved something at the end of the month.
Thanks to this site i feel back on track
can anyone answer my query re backdated wages?x

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:47 pm
Hi there - I would ask your Ip re: the backdated wages as I've read some say you can keep it as it was pre-IVA but others say a percentage should go in the pot. Better to be upfront and avoid any nasty scares at the review stage.

Same with your £50 increase, though I would argue,cost of living will increase during winter months so it will even itself out.

You'll be amazed at the buzz you get from budgeting...sad I know but I love finding bargains.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:08 pm
I agree that you need to inform your IP.

I was lucky that my IP allowed me to keep my backpay earlier in the year, and did not take any of my payrise either.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

tamzin

Post by tamzin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm
thanks
i will let them know .It does seem tho thst things don't seem to be very consistant wih what is allowed and what isn't. Don't mind paying a %age just didn't want them to take the lot

x

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:10 pm
It does very much depend on your individual proposal...hopefully they won't take it all.

Good luck with your IVA and keep posting! With Christmas coming up be great if everyone shares their bargain finds. xx

c.j

Post by c.j » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:52 pm
This year i have had a similar problem.Back pay of around £120 and a payrise of £50 per month.Luckily my IP let me keep the lot.
Iva finished !

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:39 pm
That's great your IP let you keep the increment CJ....it seems a sensible thing to do [;)]
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”