goldfish

3 posts Page 1 of 1

taffy

Post by taffy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:01 am
Hello all, i am in the process of applying for an iva, my creditors meeting in on november 23.

Goldfish phoned me today and went through all their usual stuff about pasing on my debt to a credit agency and court orders and all that then, they said they wanted to conduct a telephone interview with me givivg them my I&E details and the details of all other creditors and where they stood in the amounts owed which i agreed to and arranged for tomorrow (knowing i would be out at work all day).

What i want to know is, when i next answer the phone to them (i usuall only answer my house phone two or three times a week anyway) should i give them these details or just keep on telling them to contact my ip who they say they have had no contact from and cannot call anyway being a third party.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:16 am
Hi taffy and welcome to the forum - I hope from that nickname that you are from God's country itself!

I think that you should be as co-operative with your creditors as you can be, whilst firmly telling them that you have decided to propose an IVA. Presumably your IP has been in contact with them directly already? Have you checked with the IP that they have written to creditors on your behalf?

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:55 am
Be polite and be firm with Goldfish. it's a kind of a dance with the objective for Goldfish to persuade you to part with a few pounds. Absolutely everything they say no matter how intensly it's said means completely nothing. They want a payment and thats it!! All the arguments, all the blame means squat!! They just want a payment. End of story. I only talked to them for so long because I like the Scottish accent [:)]
My thanks to Melanie and her team :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”