Good Morning Everyone

195 posts Page 9 of 13

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:04 am
I don't want to just exist for the next 5 years - life is too short for that. I am going to think about it over the weekend, and make my decision next week. I've found out today that my uncle's funeral is on Tuesday, so I won't do anything until after that. At least my impending bankruptcy is taking my mind off that.

I did have one bit of luck today - I used to work in the magistrates' court service and that was part of the reason I didn't want to go bankrupt initially. However the county court next door to where I worked doesn't handle bankruptcies - phew!

I know what you mean about the payments Coco - I've only paid in less than £2k, but I could have managed a pretty good holiday on that! The only thing that really worries me about bankruptcy is losing my car, but hey ho, it's only a lump of metal, and providing they'll let me have some money for another one I'll survive!

Four down, fifty six to go until freedom!

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:16 am
Dear coco.
You know that I was going BR in Jan, I had a court date and everything. My circumstances changed and you know why. On paper I would have lost my car but the advisor said no, I wouldnt because I had a provavble history as to why I got myself into debt and the OR would not be taking the car from me, its worth around 3.500-4000. Now when it happens, you will have the chance to say what you have done to address your own debt and since you have tried so hard, I doubt if they will, the OR would never look to taking your work transport from you, unless its worth thousands of pounds ie a rolls, so I dont think you have anything to worry about there. One more thing I wanted to say, the spirit you have about your circumstances is a credit to you, you are really brave and forward thinking and I wish you the very best of luck.

Skippy, I really dont know what to say, if you cannot manage and have nothing to lose by BR, give it some serious thought. It is a long time to be struggling, unless your IP is willing to think again.

I am still not sure what to do, so I am going to sit on it for a while. You wake up with it and go to bed still with it, dont you? Wouldnt it be nice just to have a clear mind and see a clear path to the future and to know without question that what you are doing is absolutely the right thing to do?

have a super fantastic weekend all

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:30 pm
hi everyone, i am so upset to hear about all these iva's failing due to being pushed into agreeing wrong expenditure figures, over the last few days i am still convinced BR is the best solution for me.
i would love to know exacly what the % of IVA's actually reach the end, most of the people that come on this site is because they are struggling or just starting off, it would be good to hear off quite a lot more that has been through and finished the whole IVA process.
skippy you are right life is to short and none of us know what is going to happen in the next 5 yrs anyway or where we will all be.

thats my rant over!!
i am going to look forward to the weekend, i have the whole weekend to spend at home no football, no standing in the snow and freezing my toes off, hope you all have a lovely weekend
kerri
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:54 pm
Hello Kerri
Nice to hear from you, I know what you mean. its a bit of a downer on the forum today, really wish I had not come on. All of these people struggling, trying, it really makes me sad. I think IVA's are going to be out of reach for many, due to the creditors increasing demands, it seems we need to be punished for our sins, dosent it? I really thought I was sorted when I found out about IVA, little did I know. You are right, you just do not know whats around the corner, but it need not be bad news, life is too short. Sorry I should be saying something positive, I just feel c***p. I feel for you, you know that. I hope that it all works out for you kerri, for everyone here. Have a brilliant weekend, footie on TV tomorrow, if its not cancelled, we have really bad snow here, its been coming down all day.

Good luck everyone.

lots of love

LILY
LILY

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:09 pm
hi lily
its just so sad that you feel you have done everything and can start to try and get some normality back in your life to be backed into a corner again and start to feel all the same emotions as before you got that IVA approved, its sad for those like skippy and coco who have paid between them £6k and its all going to be eaten up by the IP, as you know i lost £1586 before i even got to the creditors meeting, as you say these IVA are going to become more difficult to obtain espscillay for those on the lower incomes trying to get help to sort out their mess, yes we all spent the money, yes we all owe it, but there are circumstances that make us get to this point, i am not condoning our actions and think we should get off scot free, but we are trying to make an offer and i bet everyone would love to pay everything back if it was physically possible but when they make it so hard for us to come to such arrangement who can blame us for taking the BR route. which in itself is no easy task.
so i say everyone have an extra special weekend have a treat even if a very small one and worry about our debt on monday, my heart goes out to skippy and coco as i know exactly what you are going through in some ways i am glad mine was rejected as i would be in exactly the same position as you 2 are now we will all get through this and come out the better people at the other side.
love kerri

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:20 pm
Its all this moral high ground stuff thats getting to me. I didnt borrow the money with the intention of not paying it back, I still think that, even if I didnt pay back a penny, my creditors have made a huge pile of money out of me over the years. We are hounded day and night and made to feel worthless, I dont feel that we should be judged for not giving it all back.

I am sorry guys, really I am

LILY
LILY

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:35 pm
no i agree with you lily, they have made plenty off me too, when i took out loans to pay them back they kept increasing the credit limits, i was such a good customer!!! then anyway.
kerri

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:45 pm
Well I've made my decision - I am going to petition for bankruptcy. Dave and I have talked about it, and I now know it's what I should have done in the first place. This may sound strange, but I feel so much better - it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I am going to contact Myvesta for some totally independent advice as I feel I won't get that from my IP as they have a BIG interest in my IVA, and then get the bankruptcy under way. I feel nervous, but I can't think of any other way out of this mess. I'm going to contact my IP on Monday and advise them of what I am doing and if they try and talk me around I will point out that a) the creditors will not accept a variation in the first 24 months, and b) even if they do I need another £100-£150 a month to live - no chance.

Like you both say the banks have made a lot out of me over the years as up until last July I never missed a payment. I am now going to look after me, and my next thing is to change my signature on here - onwards and upwards I think!

Good luck to Lily, Kerri and Coco, and anyone else on here who's having a tough time.

Have a great weekend everyone - enjoy the football Lily! I'm going to have my first training run, so you may never hear from me again!!!

Four down, fifty six to go until freedom!

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:18 pm
Good for you skippy, I am pleased that you have come to a decision that is right for you. I know its scary but you know myvesta will walk you through it and they do not judge. I think you have heard the last of me too. I am going to get on with my life, well make the best of whats left of it anyway. Good luck to all of you and thanks for all the support you have given me, you have all been fantastic, caring and have got me through some very black days.
I love you all and I care about you all.

Goodnight and good luck

LILY
LILY

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:48 am
I don't know if you will see this Lily, but please let us know how you get on - I want to know that everything has worked out for you. Thank you for your help and advice and kind words, and good luck x

Onwards and upwards!!!

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:30 am
Skippy, I will let you know, I am in touch with Kerri anyway, I have my reasons and thats all I can say, right now. Good luck to you Tracey, I will be thinking of you. Good luck to coco too,

Loads of love

LILY
Last edited by freelili on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LILY

coco

Post by coco » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:54 pm
Hi everyone,

we seem to be on a downer this weekend, it must be something to do with the snow (and debt) I sent an email to my supervisor on Friday he has yet to comment but i am sure that the variation meeting will fail due to NR all the other creditors agreed a lower rate at the begining. So all i can say to NR you will now get nothing I felt so guitly in the begining because i could not my my debts back but now i have no sympathy for the creditors over the years banks, loan companies and mortgage have had enough interest of me anyway so winge over no longer feeling guilty.

good luck skippy with your BR let me know how you get on as i no doubt be petitioning mine at the end of month when i get paid by then i should have had some feed back from the creditors.

Lily i hope your ok you seem to be having duch a hard time maybe we can meet for a coffe one weekend as not too far from you only about 40 mins drive.

take care x

51 payments to go
(I apologise for my keyboards poor spelling and grammar)
http://coco.blogs.iva.co.uk
We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:53 pm
Thanks Coco - good luck to you as well.

I have decided (as advised by Melanie) to complete the new income and expenditure form and see what happens. I have nearly completed the online forms, and if I don't get anywhere with the variation I will be petitioning for bankruptcy.

If anyone wants a laugh - I went to the gym today and did my first training for the Race for Life. I didn't realise how unfit I actually am - I looked like a giant over ripe beetroot by the time I'd finished and I don't know if I'll be able to walk tomorrow, but I will persevere!

Onwards and upwards!!!
Last edited by Skippy on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:53 am
well done skippy for getting to the gym,we have some gym equipment at home in our shed and i keep saying i must get out there and do something,put keep putting it off, hope you can walk today.
next time it will be easier!
says me who can't work less than 10 yards to my shed
kerri

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:59 am
good luck skippy and Lilly you are right we should not feel ashamed or guilty, i fully intended to pay back what I owed when I took out loans but the banks can be soo persausive when I was finding it hard what did they do fall over themselves to eprsaude me another laon would help...
195 posts Page 9 of 13
Return to “hot hot hot topics in 2007 ! more than 60 replies”