Grant Thornton (again it seems)

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
12 posts Page 1 of 1

MsGirliezee

Post by MsGirliezee » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:54 pm
I'm new to posting but have been reading the forums for a while and am just so frustrated with GT that I don't know what to do! I suppose I'm just complaining but after 10 months since my last IVA payment I've received exactly ZERO communication from GT (except the numerous letters telling me to claim mis sold PPI!).

I have made countless phone calls and emails but to no avail, I have no idea what the status of my closure is, I don't know when I'll get my certificate of completion and I don't know how to get GT to even acknowledge my calls/emails!

I made my last payment on 1st September 2011 (IVA anniversary was 23 Aug)

Any help or advise on what to do to contact GT on a number or email address where they actually know what's going on with my case or bother to respond would be really great!

Thanks

vixster

Post by vixster » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:54 pm
Hi
I've posted on your other thread the GT closures team direct email address. It's iva.closures@uk.gt.com
Hope it helps

Vixster
IVA Completed Nov 2011.
Completion Certificate received 21st July 2012.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:44 pm
This definately sounds like one for Karol to take hold by the teeth. 10 months to wait for the closure of an IVA is a very long time, unless there are circumstances which are preventing this and are currently being dealt with by the GT team.

It is likely that your intervention via the forum may help to speed things up for you, and Karol has worked wonders recently for other GT clients.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:28 pm
10 months is a long time time to wait but I think it is common practice with GT at the moment.

They do seem to be closing some cases now but as far as I can see from this forum and my own experiences you need to chase up GT to get progress and clarification.

I recieved a reply to a such email on 14th May informing me of 3 creditors claims outstanding and so informed that they have served "a notice to prove to these creditors, which gives them 28 days to respond with a claim or their claim will be excluded from the IVA"

Though I am glad to see my closure progressing I keep questioning why has it took a year to serve this notice?

I feel that I have to keep pestering GT to get my case closed as I feel that they have bitten off more than thay can chew regarding taking on other companies portfolios.
IVA Official Completed 27th July 2012!!!

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:01 am
Good morning Girliezee,

Thank you for your post above.

As per vixster's advice, can you please email our closure team in order that they can look into this matter for you.

Kind regards

Grant Thornton

MsGirliezee

Post by MsGirliezee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 pm
Fantastic news today, email received:
I can advise that I have spoken to our closures department for an update on the closure of your arrangement.  I can advise that we have been back-logged and I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

They have confirmed that we are in the position to issue your closure documents this week and you should have them by the end of the week.

I trust the above is satisfactory, should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact Customer Services on 0844 855 2166 or email ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com

Fingers crossed!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:31 pm
Excellent. It's good to see GT back on form now that the backlogs are easing and their new procedures are taking effect ---- Well done to GT !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:56 pm
What fab news for you, I hope you receive the certificate and have a very happy debt free future. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MsGirliezee

Post by MsGirliezee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:18 pm
Thank you, been a long 5 years, looking forward to never getting into money trouble again, 60 playdays to learn how to manage money! :)

MsGirliezee

Post by MsGirliezee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm
Obviously that was supposed to be pay days!

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:29 pm
The playdays start now it's over!![:D]
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:43 pm
And another success due to the intervention of the forum. Well done all involved!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”