Grant Thornton - An all time low

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
15 posts Page 1 of 1

Cheshiredebt

Post by Cheshiredebt » Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 am
It seems many of us are suffering untold misery and upset at the hands of these idiots with the madness of PPI and the closure process. Please make sure you read on as this is not the standard PPI moan. Like countless others i have been waiting months and months for my closure certificate because of PPI. I KNOW i did not take PPI out and went into my loft determined to proof it.

I found the original signed credit agreements for two CITI loans that clearly show there was no PPI. In adfition i had the Demands and Needs assessment documents that showed i declined PPI. These were also signed.

I then found my mortgage KFI document that showed no PPI, once again signed and a mortgage statement that showed my standard monthly payment with no PPI.

I then found a bank statement to prove my Abbey debt was a current account and therefore would not have had PPI.

Feeling quite pleased with myself i thought at least 4 of my accounts would not need a PPI claim process as i clearly did not take PPI. I sent these to GT and EIC (who are completely useless by the way) thinking thid would speed things a long a little.

I am afraid i was wrong. The response i received from GT is as follows

" Although the documents you provided show you did not agree to PPI, this is not sufficient proof to show these companies were not charging it without your knowledge"

Unbelievable! They are suggesting that i might not have noticed the payments were higher than i had signed for? Really? On a mortgage? This implies they think i am stupid.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is crazy?
Last edited by Cheshiredebt on Sun May 05, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Sun May 05, 2013 3:48 pm
You might find this useful (please note EIC and GT work in the same office as each other and are connected as inhouse business 39% nice touch)

From GT
EIC are entitled to a 39% fee of the PPI redress, for the investigation work that they complete. If you are not satisfied with the fee deduction, you can pursue this independently and provide confirmation of the outcome of the investigation. However, I can confirm that due to the evolving process concerning PPI, the option to opt out is available if you are certain that no such claim exists. A declaration of no claim form will require your signature to verify that you have no claim and will therefore not be pursuing this now of in the future. My PPI Support team are utilising this and you will therefore be required to speak with them on 0800 669 6091 to complete a few checks and arrange for the declaration of no claim to be issued.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

Cheshiredebt

Post by Cheshiredebt » Sun May 05, 2013 6:37 pm
Wow! Talk about not knowing their ar#es from their elbows! Total contridiction. When did you receive that from GT?

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 pm
I predict this form will somehow allow gt/eic to investigate ppi.

Check the smallprint.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

crazyjoe90

Post by crazyjoe90 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:47 pm
Just a quickie....I never asked for PPI and have some firm on behalf of the IVA co to make my claim.....I didn't expect there to be anything paid back....would you believe so far 3 I think so far were charging me PPI and have had to pay into my IVA....and it didn't show up on any bills !! I'm also amazed at the level of fee...39%....unbelievable !!

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Mon May 06, 2013 9:43 am
I got mine in March And nope the form does not allow them to investigate PPI i put it under the micrscope.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

Pedro25

Post by Pedro25 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:12 pm
To add to the PPI issue. I have had GT ring me 3 times about claiming for mis sold PPI. I have got PPi but was not mis sold. I clearly wanted and asked for it and as I work in PPI complaints wi a bank I told GT that what they were trying to do was to fraudulently get me to lie and say I was mis sold PPI just do they could get their hands on more money. They went away but came back again with same questions and forms sent to me. I advised I would take them to court if they wanted me to lie about mis selling. Not happy!

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu May 09, 2013 1:37 pm
Hi Pedro - welcome to the forum. You are right in standing your ground if you are fully aware you were signing up to PPI - the claiming back is purely for clients who were genuinely missold.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

JayneMatthews

Post by JayneMatthews » Tue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm
Our iIVA ended in January 2012 but it took many phone calls to finally receive our certificate from Grant Thornton about last October, 9 months after completion!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 pm
Although it is difficult to imagine who this would happen in reality, I know of a number of people who were adamant that they had not taken out PPI, nor requested such cover, and to their amazement they have found that it was included all along in the very small print of the contracts they had signed.

My advise is to leave the investigations to the experts - and by providing full details of all of the documentation this process can be speeded up considerably.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

mole

Post by mole » Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 am
I think you are right Mel, I know I have never taken it out, but better safe them sorry and so will assist as necessary. I may be proved wrong.

Although your phrase 'leave the investigations to the experts' nearly had me rolling round the sofa. The incompetence I have seen and read on this forum beggars belief.
Last edited by mole on Thu May 23, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu May 23, 2013 12:19 am
I have my own claims management company mole, so I guess I may have been typing with my own company in mind!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 23, 2013 8:20 am
Mole, I discovered PPI I never had ! Well, the claims company did... over £8,000 worth! Apparently it had been "rolled into" a loan from a consolidation many years ago. So, although it was there, it wasn't defined as PPI any more!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu May 23, 2013 10:06 am
Well said Mel!
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:35 am
Pedro25 wrote "I advised I would take them to court if they wanted me to lie about mis selling." Nobody is asking anyone to lie, but to investigate. My advice is just to complete and return the forms and leave it to them. You never know, see Foggy's post. I suppose that as people can feel neutered being in an IVA, to them this is some sort of rage against the machine.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”