Grant Thornton customer services

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
119 posts Page 6 of 8

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:07 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. If you email Karol using the ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com email address with IVA Forum in the subject line, I'm sure she will respond and advice you accordingly.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 am
Hi scoobygirl

Do as lesley says and hopefully you will get a response.

You may have to be persistent though as I am awaiting a reply to an email I have sent this week.

After 8 months you should at least have been advised of what the hold up is, keep on trying until you recieve a response.
IVA Official Completed 27th July 2012!!!

olydak

Post by olydak » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am
Thankyou for comment and congratulations, alderson Tina & Kelly, knowing my certificate of completion will arrive soon is as exciting as when i made my last payment, the future beckons.

I'm looking forward to being able to take out a contract on a smartphone, i failed my last application.

To apply for an Aqua card, I had a Vanquis card but had to cancel it when i found out you can't have a credit card untill a completion certificate has been issued.

I once said i would never have a credit card again but on reflection and reading other posters comment on the subject can see the advantage in repairing credit.

Thankyou again to Karol & Grant Thornton.

Regards David.

ladybird321

Post by ladybird321 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:15 pm
Yes as soon as I get that certificate in my hands I will be applying for a credit card as I am hell bent on beginning to repair my credit rating. What is the best one to get, I have had emails from Granite and Vanquis but not heard of Aqua. Will they accept you once you have the certificate and the IVA is showing completed on your credit files?
IVA finished Oct 2011, CC received 27 April 2012, No longer on Insolvency Register 01 May 2012. Jan 2013 - all Credit Files squeaky clean :)

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:59 pm
scoobygirl - welcome to the forum, I have received your email and will reply today.

stormsylv- I have also received your email and will be in contact.

Kind Regards
Karol

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:47 pm
Thankyou for your response Karol, I look forward to hearing from you.

olydak

Post by olydak » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:52 pm
Hi Ladybird321, i was accepted before getting my completion certificate, then found out that isn't a very good idea as you would be in breach of the iva and it could fail the iva, so i imediately cancelled it and cut it up.

I don't think it matters which card you get because the object of having the credit card is to pay the balance off each month.

The Aqua card is another high interest card, lower than most, but ideal to use in repairing credit, i'm waiting for the certificate before applying next time though.

Regards David.

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 am
Just a quick update, as promised I recieved an email from Claire at GT yesterday morning to advise me "I have this morning requested an update on the closure of your IVA and hope to be able to further update you shortly"

Hopefully I shall hear something early next week - I will keep the forum updated.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:13 pm
Hope you are all going to get sorted soon. Sounds as though GT are finally catching up with the backlog.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:25 pm
It does seem GT are now catching up.

The way I see it is there are a couple of positives to look at.

1. GT are at least closing cases where some IVA companies are'nt
2. By the time my case is closed my credit record should be virtually clear.

Ivaniva

Post by Ivaniva » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:08 pm
I've received an email from Claire at GT stating that I should receive my CC by Aug 2012 at the latest.
So closures are progressing.
Final payment made Dec 2011.
Certificate of Completion arrived 26th Sept 2012

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:13 pm
It's a long time to wait though.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Tue May 01, 2012 5:17 pm
Well after recieving an email from GT on Friday morning informing that they hope to inform me shortly on the closure of my IVA, I still havent recieved anymore information even though I emailed them again yesterday.

I must admit that I am starting to get a little worried now. I realise that GT are slow at closing cases and are lacking in the communication department but when I see cases being closed in 6-8 months I realise that it still leaves me 4 months behind.

12 months and counting - I am quite concerned.

Alderson

Post by Alderson » Tue May 01, 2012 7:33 pm
For what it's worth you have my sympathy. I would be fascinated to know how GT could have failed to close an IVA 12 months after final payment without any explanation as to why.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:41 pm
Stormsylv - contact Karol tonight/tomorrow as a matter of urgency. I'm sure she will sort this out for you asap.
Bob Marley.
119 posts Page 6 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”