Grant Thornton customer services

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
119 posts Page 7 of 8

macface1980

Post by macface1980 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:45 pm
Hi Everyone!
I'm not alone!! Having issues with GT as well!
My last payment was in Oct 2011 - I was advised then it would take 4-6 months to close my file. I'm still waiting.
The most frustrating thing is the lack of contact from them ....try to ring them and get the bog standard 'everyone's busy, we'll get someone to call you back when they're free'. Send emails which are just never replied too etc etc. I was initially told it would be closed in April '12 - it's now May (only just but I;m getting very impatient.
Any advice?
Thanks
Caron

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue May 01, 2012 8:47 pm
Do drop an e-mail to Karol Caron. She has helped many GT posters on the forum get clarification as to the timeline with regard to closing their cases, and at least you will then have a dedicated point of contact.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

maisie

Post by maisie » Tue May 01, 2012 10:43 pm
Hi, in a way im glad others have had 'issues' with GT, we are not really impressed with the service recieved, communication is extremely poor, we have just completed 2 years of our IVA, and have muddled on through redundancy and a drop of £4000 in wages once my husband was back in workwith no changes of payment. when asked for any information we have provided it within days.
Since February I had been informing of a windfall of £7000, (back pay) I was to recieve and a request to keep £4000 of it as the garage roof had holes in and was propped up with wood strutts as it was falling in , also we needed to replace the car as ours was getting costly in repairs due to being so old, i was told over the phone that this would not be an issue , once money was recieved we emailed and sent confirmation quotes of work needed to roof and to repair the car ( despite a charge of £60 at the garage for this) and decided that things couldnt wait any longer, to top it all we used some savings we had from xmas and birthday gifts over the years to put towards the costs. so we have saved the remainder only to finally (after 2 1/2 months)recieve an email today saying we need to pay £3500 as soon as, so going off the figures that we had requested to use.

we are now going to have to find an extra £400 than we thought so I expect it will be another month before our response to the email we have sent will be dealt with and replied to! To top it all my husband is facing redundancy again at the end of the month.

I appreciate GT are busy, but as someone stated previously they are a business and charge for their service's so should ensure they have the staff for the work load to ensure prompt efficent service.it would help if there was some consistency with the people that are actually dealing with your query.

We are hoping to offer a F&F at the end of may also due to PPI payout,I am dreading the process as I didnt realise it could take so long, and worried that should my husband not find employment that this money will sit in our bank showing up when he has to apply for job seekers or we need to sort our mortgage out.
I certainly hope GT get their act together in their customer services but I dont really hold out much hope, which is a shame as the staff that we have been in contact with, once we have managed to make contact have been very helpful and pleasant.

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Wed May 02, 2012 2:08 pm
Hi and thanks for the relies.

I have emailed GT Customer Services early this morning before I went to work so will now wait a response.

Hopefully I will have some news soon.
IVA Official Completed 27th July 2012!!!

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Wed May 02, 2012 5:43 pm
maisie & stormsylv - I have received both your emails and we will be in contact tomorrow,
Kind Regards
Karol

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Wed May 02, 2012 5:46 pm
Thankyou Karol, I look forward to your reply.

ducky

Post by ducky » Fri May 04, 2012 8:47 am
Another unhappy GT customer still waiting for CC after 10 months F&F PAID IN FULL JULY 2011

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Fri May 04, 2012 2:23 pm
Well after being told on the 2nd May that GT will be "in contact tomorrow" (yesterday), still no communication as yet!

I just feel like giving up now, this completion letter issue is starting to take over my life. It may sound silly but it is all I seem to think about lately, wondering if it will be there when I get home from work and checking my emails all the time.

Time to sit back and wait for my IVA anniversary date to pass this month and maybe then re-assess the situation I think.
Last edited by stormsylv on Fri May 04, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vixster

Post by vixster » Fri May 04, 2012 2:34 pm
OMG.Cant't believe you didn't get a call as promised. I'm also still waiting for my update. Did email again but still nothing! Do they realise the stress this causes. The CC is the most important part after completion. The years in the IVA are a struggle & we just want to move on & feel debt free. Maybe Karol is out of the office.
IVA Completed Nov 2011.
Completion Certificate received 21st July 2012.

Alderson

Post by Alderson » Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 pm
I imagine you must be getting completely exasperated by now. If at this late stage GT are still failing to meet their own promises about contacting you, and you've already been down the "contact Karol" route so often espoused on this site, then an investigation of the formal complaints procedure may be in order.

matty182

Post by matty182 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:49 pm
basicly been reading on so many issues with GT and i do worry about you stormsylv and the time you have been waiting that is just insane! firstly i would personally write a letter to the actual IP who was dealing with your case at GT then also do a formal complaint to the comapany and see how that goes. i would never let this go on for any no more length of time! then also contact the IPs regulator and ask them to look into why the cc has not been issued. as far as i have been reading into the regulators and the timeframe and the guidelines, GT has fell very short of what is exspected of a company dealing with this kind of work. i do hope you get somewhere with this...... i have seen more cases closing now but not asquick as they should be.
matt

vince666

Post by vince666 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:59 pm
Oh dear, just when it appeared that GT were actually getting their act together they seem to have slipped back to their past levels of customer service.

Stormslyv, I would write a letter of complaint directly to your IP and demand a full and transparent explanation as to why your case has not yet been closed together with a definite date by which it will be. Tell him you expect the reply within 7 working days. If you don't get a reply or you feel what you do get is unsatisfactory then you should consider making a complaint to the IPA (details of how to do this below):

http://www.insolvency-practitioners.org ... un2010.pdf
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

matty182

Post by matty182 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 pm
Hi vince666 who was your IP? name etc.... i want to see if all these problems that are happening are down to one IP @GT or its a company wide issue..... any one else got they GT IP name handy....

matt
matt

vixster

Post by vixster » Sat May 05, 2012 10:08 pm
Hi Matty182,

My IP is Garreth Neil at GT in Belfast. Is he yours?

Vixster
IVA Completed Nov 2011.
Completion Certificate received 21st July 2012.

vince666

Post by vince666 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:42 pm
Only two partners at GT act as the IP for all of their cases, both are based in the Belfast office. One is Gareth Neill, the other (who was my IP) is Mark Allen.
Last edited by vince666 on Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.
119 posts Page 7 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”