Grant Thornton - help

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
19 posts Page 1 of 2

Jayce79

Post by Jayce79 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:33 am
Hello to all.

I am a noob to the forums although have looked at a few of the posts re GT and see that I am not alone with the problems.

I successfully completed all 60 payments of my IVA in May 2011 after Grant Thornton took over from Blair Endersby (what a beautiful mess that has made). I am STILL waiting for closure and completion certificate almost a year to the day after final payment, despite GT confirming by email that all payments were accounted for :

Sent: 19 July 2011 16:59
To: <>
Subject: Re: FW: Final Wage Review

Hi Jason

Thank you for sending your documents through.

I can confirm that no monies are due intoyour arrangement in respect of additional income earned.

I have now passed your case to my closuresteam.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitateto email me or contact my Customer Services Team on 0844 855 2166.

Kind regards
Victoria Taylor

This was way before the crap excuses started about the court case and should have been closed by now, but all I get are excuses. I have chased them repeatedly since January, have asked for Karol to call me (which has never happened), and the customer services team have no clue what is going on. I have not had ANY contact from GT since the above email to let me know of delays or reasons.

I expect that this sounds familiar to a number of you, so apologies if you have seen it all before. I'm just getting very frustrated now and could use some advise on where to take it beyond GT. I have spoken to the customer services team again this morning only to be told I now have to email the closure team directly. The lack of customer care and communication is appalling, irrespective of how busy they may be.

Thanks for reading and I hope you all don't suffer the extended waiting that is being endured here.

Jayce
Coventry, UK
IVA final payment May 2011 - closure May 2012 : its over!!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed May 16, 2012 11:05 am
It may be worth emailing Karol again and put IVA Forum in the subject line. She has managed to get a number of cases closed lately and I am sure she will do her best for you too.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Wed May 16, 2012 11:44 am
Hi Jayce79

I too am in a similar position. my last payment was 28th April 2011.

Karol as recently posted an update regarding the delay in GT closures but for some reason it as been locked?

There was some useful information on that post which I took advantage of - please email GT using this email address and I am sure you will get a response very quickly....

iva.closures@uk.gt.com

I used this email address and got a reply quite quickly even though it wasnt quite good news.

Please let us know how you get on.

thankyou.
Last edited by stormsylv on Wed May 16, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA Official Completed 27th July 2012!!!

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 am
Hi Jayce79 welcome to the forum. As Michael says I am sure Karol will pick up your post on here and attend to it. She is active on here and has dealt with many similar issues. I hope you get it resolved soon and close the chapter and move on.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Jayce79

Post by Jayce79 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:23 pm
Thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated.

@Michael:
Its all I really can keep doing, although I have it in emails and verbally on the phone from customer services that Karol has been aware of my case since around January/Feb but I've still to have any contact from her despite asking for it - something that customer services dispute I have ever asked for.

@stormsylv:
Thanks for that and sorry to hear that you're in the same boat. I was given a similar email this morning by customer services (iva.closures@uk.gt.com) and have emailed them, awaiting a response. I'm not prepared to accept excuses any longer so we will see how that goes. Good luck with yours.

@Tina S:
Thanks. I hope the closure is forthcoming and will be glad to see the back of this.

stormsylv

Post by stormsylv » Wed May 16, 2012 12:44 pm
The email address you where given is correct Jayce79.

I have edited my post to correct the mistake.

Regarding my closure, GT informed on Monday...

"With regards your case we have still have 3 claims outstanding. Today we have issued what is called a notice to prove to these creditors, which gives them 28 days to respond with a claim or their claim will be excluded from the IVA. If their claim is excluded, they will receive no funds but they will still be bound by the IVA and unable to pursue you for the debt.
The funds originally due to them will be distributed amongst your remaining creditors. Once these claims have been confirmed we will be able to progress to the final administration of your case and we should be able to provide you with a more accurate time frame at that time."

Whilst I am not too pleased that it has taken over a year for this notice to be given, after the last few months I am just glad to know that my closure is progressing and I now know the reason for the delay.
PS I was with Blair Endersby too so I think we are possibly in the same situation.
Last edited by stormsylv on Wed May 16, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA Official Completed 27th July 2012!!!

Jayce79

Post by Jayce79 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:33 pm
@stormsylv:
Sounds very much like BE. Feel your pain but I have something to lift your spirits... there may be light at the end of the tunnel after all. I had a call from the closures team yesterday after my email of frustration was sent. Have been advised that I should receive my paperwork within two weeks. Might be worth your while pushing again for your closure.

Shall keep you informed of situation.
J

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Thu May 17, 2012 4:48 pm
Try emailing Karol via this email address:

ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com and ensure that "IVA Forum" is all that is entered in the subject line of the email.

She has been very good at getting back to clients.

Jayce79

Post by Jayce79 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:07 am
MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!

I received my completion paperwork yesterday. WOOOHOOOOOOO!! Amazing what happens when you push that little bit harder. I am so glad to see the back of this. Now I can finally start to move on.

My experience with GT was only at the end of my IVA - I think I made my final 2 or 3 payments to them after they took over from Blair Endersby, so its fair to say that my situation was more likely circumstantial than typical of GT service. However, my gripe with them is purely over communication and being kept in the loop. They could have handled that much better.

Anyway, my financial sentence is now spent and I wish you all luck with completing your own successfully. I thank those of you kind enough to have commented.

J

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sat May 19, 2012 11:12 am
That's great news Jayce - really pleased for you and wish you the best of luck for your debt free future.

mark2

Post by mark2 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:45 pm
Looks like a common issue. I'm still waiting after sixteen months since my final payment. Excuse after excuse and always a different one.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:53 pm
What reasons are you being given for the delay in the closure of your case Mark?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

mark2

Post by mark2 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:02 pm
Hi Melanie

There has been a mixture of reasons...misplaced my file, file in a back log, underpaid, overpaid, court case, BE's administration errors, the list goes on. I get a different one each month.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:19 pm
Oh dear - this definately sounds like one for Karol to get her teeth into on Monday. Do drop her an e-mail as she is fantastic at solving GT related problems.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

anarchy74

Post by anarchy74 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:43 pm
I keep reading about contact karol she will help blah blah blah. Ive not had any help at all. Never get replies.
Today I have asked again to speak to her, we shall see if I get a response this time. Im not optimistic.
I have also complained to the FSA and IPA.
I have emailed the closure team yet again and I expect to wait the full 10 working days for a reply, which I expect to be generic and of no help just like the umpteen before it
I have been in closure for 8 months I reach the 6 year point 30th April. 6 years and no help
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”