Grant Thornton

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
33 posts Page 1 of 3

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:30 am
Hi guys its been a while since Ive been on here , still plodding away at my iva but having problems with GT. I started my Iva with IVA Solutions , it was then moved to Accuma and now to Grant Thornton. Every time this happened I wasnt notified until after the fact! Grant Thornton customer service is terrible. I was given an email address to use when I have questions . So far since they have been administering my account I have had 3. Each question has taken at least 6 emails and 2 months for replies ....Im sick of it now!!The last payment to GT was taken twice resulting in bankcharges , I have contacted them 4 times for these charges to be taken off my next payment as they were their fault not mine , but I only recieved an email after I threatened to cancel my DD and make payments manually. I was asked to send proof they took the payment twice, despite their accounts dep actioning a refund the same day so they know they did , and proof of the charges which I did straight away. Its been since the 17th of Feb , am I wrong to have expected a resolution by now?! No case manager , no idea who IP is and no one wants to help me!!!Some people may have gotten on well with GT but I would definately not reccomend them.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:34 am
Hi Becky,

Nice to see you and hope you are ok.

Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with GT, not good when they take payments twice!!

I would suggest that you email Karol from the company directly. She posts on here and the email address is this:

ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com and ensure that "IVA Forum" is all that is entered in the subject line

She has been very good in helping other posters.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:38 am
Thats the email address I use , I will try with that heading to see if I have any more luck!
Thanks x

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:42 am
I have a funny feeling the heading might work! Not keen on it if they're using the forum to manipulate public perception of their efficiency though. All clients should expect a good service. Still, if it sorts your problem it can't be all bad.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:43 am
Agree that they should treat all clients the same but, if it works, go for it!!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:54 am
Thanks guys , anythings worth a try at the mo. End of my tether is an understatement! I am not a snotty person and strongly believe that if you speak to folk how you wish to be spoken to , issues are resolved quicker. However Im getting closer everyday to losing my cool! Iva solutions made a mistake on my self assessment tax , problem was resolved whilst iva in their care , Iva moved to Accuma no problems as Iva solutions explained the discrepancies , so no head ache for me. GT !not so much luck , one person says yes all sorted , another will ask how Im making up the shortfall!! Only time have been happy with them was when I rang up with a few days notice for a payment break , having lost my brother very suddenly on boxing day 2011 , the lady I spoke to was very kind and helpful.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 am
Sorry to hear of your loss Becky, how awful for you.

Hopefully Karol will pick up on your email and sort you out.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:57 am
BoL .. I am not sure it is manipulation of perception, Rather it is a device to ensure that it is Karol who gets the mail, rather than it disappearing into the general melting pot.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:18 pm
I have used that email address and have never EVER had a reply.
I know from reading the forum that people are advised to put 'IVA Forum' in the header but I don't really see why we ought to.
Queries should be prioritised and any routine queries answered in the order they come in. Having people complain about the customer service of a company on a public website shouldn't be a reason to bump them up the queue and is unfair on those who are unaware of the forum and are waiting a reply. Just my thoughts. [:)]
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 pm
I agree that you should be able to contact your company but, if Karol will get back to you by posting that in the address then do it.
Bob Marley.

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:24 pm
Will try it if I need to contact them in the future - I'm hoping the eagerly awaiting completion certificate will be hear in the next 2-3 months so will never need to contact them again.[:D]
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Whatever we call it, GT are prioritising people because they could be bad for business or good for business (a promoter).

vince666

Post by vince666 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:43 pm
Becky, you have a right to know who your IP is. When my case was transferred to GT I was sent new terms & conditions and the supervisor was named on that. In my case it is Mark Allen. He is the partner who heads up the IVA service line at GT but I don't know if he acts as Supervisor on all GT cases. His contact details can be found on the GT website.
Last edited by vince666 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:48 pm
You should be able to find out who your IP is via the Insolvency Service website by inputting your details.
Bob Marley.

vince666

Post by vince666 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:54 pm
Jan, the Insolvency Register isn't necessarily up to date - mine still shows the original Blair Endersby supervisor.
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.
33 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”