GRANT THORNTON

42 posts Page 2 of 3

lilmc

Post by lilmc » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:45 pm
Hi onlypassion,

How did you get on with your meeting??
I am with Grant Thornton, now entering into my 3rd year, I've never had any problems with them at all, always quick to reply to any letters sent or any problems you may have, i'd recommend them to anyone having problems.
Full & Final accepted, last payment is due on the 31st July 2009

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:17 pm
onlypassion hasn't visited the site since the middle of last year as this is an old thread.

I did look to see if there were any non archived posts which would have indicated the answer, but there aren't any.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lilmc

Post by lilmc » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm
Sorry Jan,
I'm a bit slow on the uptake today,
Didn't even notice the dates, only saw the heading, note to self, take notice of dates!!!
D'oh!!
Full & Final accepted, last payment is due on the 31st July 2009

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:43 pm
[:D][:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Confused99

Post by Confused99 » Sat May 02, 2009 2:27 am
I'm with Grant Thornton. So is my friend. Identical situations, though her debt is fractionally larger and is a year behind me. I have to pay 50% of additional earnings - as does my friend. But now GT have told her they do not want her last 2 years extra earnings (@ 10,000) but to increase her payments by £50 for next 3 years. I have had to pay all my extra earnings of similar value to the point I would have paid 100% of debt on IVA completion. How can this be? Has mine beeen mis sold? Hers mis-managed?? Why does she get told to keep her additional and I don't with same company?? :-(

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sat May 02, 2009 7:32 am
Interesting point - you and your friend need to discuss with your respective IP's at Grant Thornton these facts and ask them why different results.

I don't know what your separate individual circumstances are but they do and will advise you accordingly - let us know how you get on.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

hara

Post by hara » Sat May 02, 2009 9:06 am
Dear onlypassion.

I used Granton Thornton and they have been excellent.

I have recently concluded my IVA with a full nad final settlement.

I was in IVA a little under two years.

Grant Thornton are a reputable accountancy firms of many years.

Dawn Shelly, mentioned on this forum set up my IVA.

I hope the above has been helpful.

Goodluck.
hara

hillymic

Post by hillymic » Wed May 13, 2009 10:40 am
I have recently entered into an IVA with Grant Thornton & I can honestly say I have been taken for a very hard sell!! They assured me that they will contact all creditors when they havent. They assured me that car payments will be allowed to be spread over a longer period so they wrote this into the IVA without even speaking to my finance company. I am in the process of waiting to hear if my car will be taken off me or if Grant Thornton have finally got in contact with them. We have had to do all the chasing up & I would most definately not recommend these to anyone!!!!! Being in debt is a very stressful time for anyone & when I entered into the IVA with Linda assuring me that everything will fall into place I thought that I could start moving on from it but no, we are still getting creditors contacting us for money & also this which should of been sorted haven't. We have liased with Grant Thornton as much as we possible can but they dont seem to of done anything apart from one meeting with one of the creditors. You were very lucky if you met ur IP as I have never met anyone just got a higher phone bill for ringing Ireland constantly. The reason we went with them was only because they were recommended by a friend who was recommmended by someone else. Please please do not use them. We have so many clauses in our agreement that were not discussed in the beginning. Yes, Linda was always happy to help when she was trying to get the agreement signed but once we signed they dont want to know.

Max

Post by Max » Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 am
I am so sorry to read your post - I do hope you will get the apparent mess sorted out. My husband nearly went to them - but they piut him off by their manner. He found Melanie and she did everything - we did not have to do a thing. Also, she got an extremely difficult IVA through which GT said would not stand a chance! Melanie is the only IP my husband and I will ever suggest to anyone. J

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 13, 2009 5:37 pm
hillymic, if you are having trouble with the company, why not try to email the IP direct to state your grievancies?

You can email them via this link:

http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/newipsearch.htm
Bob Marley.

tlr

Post by tlr » Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 pm
we have just had our iva approved and are with grant thornton and we found them really good and helpful

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 13, 2009 11:33 pm
They are one of the best companies out there - so if you have a grievance, can I suggest that you contact your IP directly who will definately want to put things right and reassure you of their support. I know those guys very well, and customer service is paramount to them.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Thu May 14, 2009 6:53 am
hillymic wrote:

I have recently entered into an IVA with Grant Thornton & I can honestly say I have been taken for a very hard sell!! They assured me that they will contact all creditors when they havent. They assured me that car payments will be allowed to be spread over a longer period so they wrote this into the IVA without even speaking to my finance company. I am in the process of waiting to hear if my car will be taken off me or if Grant Thornton have finally got in contact with them. We have had to do all the chasing up & I would most definately not recommend these to anyone!!!!! Being in debt is a very stressful time for anyone & when I entered into the IVA with Linda assuring me that everything will fall into place I thought that I could start moving on from it but no, we are still getting creditors contacting us for money & also this which should of been sorted haven't. We have liased with Grant Thornton as much as we possible can but they dont seem to of done anything apart from one meeting with one of the creditors. You were very lucky if you met ur IP as I have never met anyone just got a higher phone bill for ringing Ireland constantly. The reason we went with them was only because they were recommended by a friend who was recommmended by someone else. Please please do not use them. We have so many clauses in our agreement that were not discussed in the beginning. Yes, Linda was always happy to help when she was trying to get the agreement signed but once we signed they dont want to know.
I will get someone to contact you asap from GT as normally they are very good.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

hillymic

Post by hillymic » Thu May 14, 2009 9:40 am
Thank you David. Since I have posted on here yesterday I have been dealing with a very helpful woman called Karol. She has phoned me 3 times since & keeping me well informed. She has explained that none of this should be happening & I most certainly shouldn't have to be writing letters to creditors or finance companies. Karol has left me a message first thing this morning as soon as she phoned the finance company. I can safely say I feel that something is being done to sort it. Lets just hope that it will be sorted a.s.a.p. & that I dont lose my car. I was more angry than anything that it had been written into my IVA that the car payments will continue for 3 yrs to pay off a balloon payment when no-one from Grant Thornton had even discussed this with the finance company involved & when I spoke to them they told me I could pay it off in 12 months max. I have now been diagnosed with I.B.S due to all the stress over the last 12 months & now I have more stress just wen i thought it was over!!
Anyway, let's wait & see what Karol says later today & hopefully it will be good news.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu May 14, 2009 9:56 pm
To be fair to GT it is not really their job to negotiate with your finance company, that should have been done by you directly before the IVA was in place. Glad to see that you now have a point of contact there who is helping you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
42 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “who would you recommend?”