Grant Thorton - Disgraceful

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
67 posts Page 1 of 5

Staggly

Post by Staggly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:49 pm
IT is now 14 months since my last payment and i have yet to see a completion certificate nor have i ever been contacted unless i have wasted ages on a phone call or days for an email repsonse. THis is disgusting behaviour. I even was aksed for my annual income and expenditure again despite having been finished for a year. In october i was told I would receive my certifiacte mid november. I was then told that early november was some sort of cut off date for when creditors could do something - as i had heard nothing i called yesterday and after a lengthy converstaion was told that yes this cut off date of mid november had been and gone and NO ONE AT GT HAD BOTHERED TO LOOK AT THIS. SO that's helpful. I am then told i will receive an email yesterday fomr the infamous closure team (who are unable to use phones) and this of course has still not arrived. I called again this morning and was told someone would call me back as to why this email hadnt arrived and i jsut called agian to be told nothing at all. Oh no wait the guy i just spoke to told me he was emailing the closure team with my details - which surely they have had many times before. I am now going down the formal complaints route and I iwll nto let this rest as it is beyond unfair. Has anyone actually gone down this route and could advise me - i waont to speak to CAB but i work and it's hard to get in there - i refuse to let this go anymore - i paid my dues for 5 years - i should not be waiting over 14 months to still have it resolved - i will never ever deny that i got into trouble and that the IVA solution was beyond helpful, but now i am uffering to the point of getting into worse debt as I cannot get any properly due to no closure. I am angry, and disgusted and if anyone can help please do - anyone that needs an IVE - don't use GT - they are useless.
Last edited by Staggly on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moshi1

Post by moshi1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm
Hi i approached cab a few weeks ago about GT and they basically wont get involved as an iva is already in place , also cab recomend GT to people in debt :-( .

lem

Post by lem » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:01 pm
Have they actually explained what's taking so long?

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:47 pm
The frustration this is causing amongst posters not only with GT is unreal. Surely we (me included) in an IVA deserve an end date to this and hopefully you'll get one soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Staggly

Post by Staggly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm
No they have said nothing at all. They emailed me jsut now to say sorry we will now be completing your case and suggested regular updates - the first update will be on JAnuary 3rd 2013 - WTF?!?!!?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm
I think that given the time your closure is taking, moshi1, that they could at least give you a detailed note of what aspects are taking them so long to finalise. Have you tried e-mailing Karol directly for some straight answers?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 pm
GT are not alone in having closures delayed, for one reason or another, of late. However, the common denominator between affected firms seems to be a total lack of communication with the client.

I feel most of us would bear the delays much better ( but still not be happy about it) if given regular, and honest, updates.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lem

Post by lem » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm
I agree, I would much rather be told 'it's going to be 6 months' and it be closed by the end of that 6 months, than be told 'it'll be 3 weeks' then that 3 weeks comes and goes and you get another update of another few weeks etc etc, it just makes you feel you are being fobbed off.

Or at least if there is a delay, give a reason for the delay rather than just a 'sorry for the delay, we're doing the best we can' that's not enough for people at the end, they want to know why when it was promised within a certain time frame and it's gone beyond that, why?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 pm
I think it boils down to a better explanation of the process, and the fact that certain elements of that process may well be out of the hands of the IP themselves. Probably not much consolation to those of you currently awaiting closure certificates, but better than sitting at home wondering what is actually happening and how much longer things are likely to take.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 pm
This is true, Mel. Even if the delay is out of the hands of the IP, I would rather be HONESTLY told this than fobbed off with either a lame excuse or a false promise.

At the end of the term this "Holy Grail" takes on a (from an outsiders point of view) disproportionate importance. I am generally so laid back as to be considered horizontal, but I imagine, if this goes on until my time comes (end of IVA not clog popping), I will be pulling out what little hair I have left .... eyebrows look out !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sterling

Post by sterling » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 pm
I can't understand what exactly the delays are and their latest missive to me makes things no clearer. My IVA entered closures on 4.9.12 (although my last payment was in May) and now 3 months later it is still in the initial stages of closure. They say this is to comprehensively review my case and ensure that all my obligations have been met. Given that we have yearly reviews how can this stage last more than 3 months? An honest 'we have taken on too much and are struggling' would be infuriating but honest!

lem

Post by lem » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 pm
It is ridiculous, surely closure should take not really much longer than an annual review? and if that is done within a 6 week period it doesn't explain why your closure is still no further forward 3 months since it started! I would be fuming and demanding an explanation

moshi1

Post by moshi1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 pm
Hi mel this is staggly's post i was just mentioning about my trip to cab a few weeks ago and what they told me ... my iva is 12 months of finishing yet and due to a shed load of other issues ive had my husband and i made the decision to stop payments and have GT breach my iva . This decision hasnt been made lightly as we are fully aware of the consequences and will deal with them as soon as they arise, we are not prepared to give this company another penny they dont care about peoples feelings or emotions .WE ARE JUST REFERERENCE numbers to them :-( ,

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 pm
I'm not sure that I understand this completion business. Probably because I thought it would never come. We are due to finish this month so do we just inform the bank to stop the Direct Debit and then wait for the CC?
Life after IVA is wonderful.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:41 pm
You will need to speak to your IP to make sure that you can stop your payments.

Completion may take a bit longer depending upon PPI claims.
67 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”