GREG CREDITFIX

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
33 posts Page 2 of 3

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:37 pm
My mother does not open my mail, but if she saw the envelope, it would probably make her ask what it was. It had the words IVA clearly written on it, and most people are aware of what one is, due to the many adverts you see on the tv and in the press. Its not the colour, rather than the fact the ref number and start of the letter can clearly be seen. In my 5th year of an iva, I think im fully aware of what it is like to be in crippling debt (and ours was crippling) I have remained level headed and happy all the time I was with PJG because of the way I was treated. With respect and like a human being. The treatment so far from credit fix has been the opposite, and this I'm afraid has made me loose "my grip" I come on here to discuss and give/receive support with individuals in the same situation as me (the only place I can) not to be told to "get a grip"

ilikewatch

Post by ilikewatch » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:39 pm
To be fair, whilst I understand peoples desire to keep their IVA secret, a refrence number starting with the letters IVA wouldn't mean anything to 99% of the population.
Also worth remembering that whilst it's understandable that you don't want people to know you're insolvent it is a matter of public record and published as such for all to see.
Finally, having been a postman, I can assure you that on a freezing winter morning when you've been up since 5AM and have to deliver mail to hundreds of houses according to a strict, monitored timescale, the last thing you would want to do is try to waste time being nosy and deciphering any visible reference numbers on peoples letters!

Also, rest assured that any postman who was identified as having duscussed private information they had received due to being in a priveliged position would be out of a job before they could blink.
Last edited by ilikewatch on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:39 pm
exactly ivamess. Its the prinicple of CF yet again appearing unprofessional and careless. We dont shout from rooftops about our situation and would prefer any correspondance to be discreet and private. I dont expect both mind and my husbands full names, address and IVA reference number to be visible to anyone within the Royal Mailwho comes scross it. The colour wasnt the entire issue. CF need to address the way they communicate with us and do it with a little tact and dignity.

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:40 pm
Saltyseaplumb I think you have missed the point entirely. And yes, if you understood village communities you would know that this sort of information gets around like wildfire once the postman reads "IVA" on a letter.
Also I think that we on here understand perfectly the psychology of being in debt, plus we know that post is unlikely to be letters from creditors and court orders given that we have IVAs so we don't generally tend to be scared of everything coming through the letterbox.
Also it is only ex PJGers getting these envelopes, not the other 20K or so clients of Creditfix.
Hope that clears things up for you and gives you a few facts to work with as I don't think you were aware of the origins of the concerns.

saltyseaplumbs

Post by saltyseaplumbs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:45 pm
If your husband’s full name and address aren't on it, how would the postie know where to deliver it.

Also why would your postie, if he even bothers to look at the reference number, let alone go around telling everyone in the village and risk his job in the process.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand the grievance. but people, please think about what you are writing before you write it and ask yourself, does it make sense?
just trying to help

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:55 pm
Well Saltyseaplumbs you might like to know that my postie DID point to the envelopes and smile at me this morning which proves they DID attract his attention as being unusual and, as they were the only bit of mail this morning I was glad the IVA reference did not show because I know full well he would have looked at it.

I can see you are a townie and havent any understanding of how things work in the countryside in isolated communities. The crux of this matter is NOT the colour *******ng envelopes ffs, it is the confidential information showing.
THIS MORNING PROVES THAT RURAL POSTMEN DO LOOK AT THE MAIL and I happen to know that they gossip just like many people in this village. And, believe it or not, rural postmen do stop off on the round for cups of tea with villagers - as welll as gossiping it also serves as a way of keeping an eye on the elderly round here.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:55 pm
I wasn't too worried about the postman, as I don't know him. But can understand a small village community where everyone knows him. I was more worried about parents or members of my family seeing it when they are here with my children (very regularly) Its a breach of data protection.
Us Creditfix clients have had a lot to deal with, and this quite frankly is the last straw in a long line of issues. I think very clearly about what I write thank you very much.
I do think that all of this however is detracting from the main subject of this thread, that we would like a response from creditfix themselves about the handling of this.

saltyseaplumbs

Post by saltyseaplumbs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:03 pm
Well DID your postie point out the fact you were in an IVA or DID he just remark on the colour of the envelop?

The fact is you don’t know for a fact that A. he knows your in an IVA and B. that he would go and tell everyone in the village.

You seem to be confusing the word fact, with assume, or guess, or might have.
just trying to help

nicklaus8

Post by nicklaus8 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:11 pm
ivamess...Paranoia seems to be creeping in. Your postman, and indeed each resident of you little village, can check your name on the insolvency register without a red envelope or reference number in sight. This really isn't something that should be bothering you. Poor Greg is taking pelters for posting out nothing more than standard documentation which would mean nothing to your postman.

saltyseaplumbs

Post by saltyseaplumbs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:13 pm
i have to agree with nicklau8.

and lou74, the main issue on the tread had been the red envelop if you read back to the first post.
just trying to help

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:16 pm
With respect, the title of the post is "GREG CREDITFIX"
Don't understand the need for the rudeness here from a couple of people. We are here to support each other.

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:18 pm
Well said Lou. Just wondering if these two are employed by Creditfix or if they are trolling.

nicklaus8

Post by nicklaus8 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:29 pm
ivamess...I was trying to underline that there was nothing to worry about re greg/red letters/ref numbers etc as these letters go to everyone that is in a IVA or similar. Entering into a IVA doesnt come entirely care-free and I understand your point.

Note from admin
Your last statements have been amended. We are adamant that the ethics of this forum is to be entirely non-judgemental. Please be mindful of this.

saltyseaplumbs

Post by saltyseaplumbs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:35 pm
i agree, i am all for supporting people. if you read some of my previously post you'll see that i have even posted jokes to try and cheer people up.

and you, lou74, have put forward the reasonable argument about the ref number, which i commented in the hope that creditfix pick up on it about putting the ref at the bottom of the page which would sounds like it would solve a big issue that people are having and i hope creditfix listen to it.

i dont know the problems you have had with creditfix, but 99.9 of IVA are rough sailing. please forgive the crude analogy but IVA companies get it in all 3 holes from clients, creditors and government and in my opinion most of them do the best they can, which isn’t always to the clients liking.
And ivamess, I don’t work for any IVA companies but I have worked indirectly on various IVA providers behalf in the past and so I do know a thing or 2.

Note from admin.
Your last statements have been deleted. The ethics of this forum are to be entirely non judgemental. Please be mindful of this
just trying to help

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:43 pm
Yeah I can understand where you are coming from, but believe me living in an affluent village when you are the farmer whose tractors they complain about leaving mud on the road, whose animals they complain about, well it becomes quite a big deal taking any more off the Londoners who have moved here... it's not the nicest place and sometimes the anonymity of the town calls but we have lived here for 100s of years so guess we are stuck with it!

I hate this IVA
33 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”