Grr Insolvency Register!!

25 posts Page 1 of 2

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:45 pm
Hi All,

Me and hubby were chatting earlier about the IVA ..blah blah blah. Anyway, we were discussing pros and cons v BR. Got talking about how we knew BR was made public but he still thought IVA was confidential. Despite me telling him about the register previously, so I showed him the register, which is something I've avoided looking at since start of IVA. Lo and behold we are on there, no great surprise, but as I only did the search under surname, we could also see a relative of his recently listed!

Just hope when we see the person next, neither of us gives anything away. Or indeed how do we know that the other person hasn't seen our details.

I really think its unfair to list IVA's publicly. I've signed the petition but I needed to rant.[:(!]
Last edited by Julie on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angela18

Post by angela18 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:54 pm
Ah Julie.. thats awful.. just hope his relative wants to stay as confidential as you.. see if they make first move. They might not know about it yet, so fingers crossed
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:33 pm
Hey Julie, They might not bother to look, lots of people don't look or are not really aware they are on there. As Ang says, they may want to keep everything confidential anyway. Hope it's not too awkward for you. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:08 pm
Hubby had been in his IVA for over 2 years and did not know the register existed, infact it was only after joining this forum that we found out about it.
If his relative has seen it, i would imagine he would want to keep it as quiet as you do and if he does mention it, at least you know he wont judge.

xxxxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Til

Post by Til » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:43 pm
We appeared on this lovely register a few days ago - mixed feelings really - glad to be on there so I know IVA is real and I didn't dream it - but hate anyone being able to see my details - makes me feel vulberable. [:(]

We signed the petition too so lets hope powers that be listen as can see no real benefit to it being completely open access.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

look_divine

Post by look_divine » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 pm
i didnt know the register existed till i joined here
so maybe lots of people dont know it exists :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:02 pm
Fortunately, I don't think a lot of people do.

You just have to hope that your name doesn't show up as being on there if someone googles it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

look_divine

Post by look_divine » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 pm
i added lots of freinds and family names and no one i knew up to now shows lol
maybe just a mistake on my part mind

Til

Post by Til » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:07 pm
I suppose that's the one good thing abut it - unless you are insolvent yourslef what are the odds that you would look at it - then if anyone you knew was on there and you thought they might have seen your names you could look on it as both sharing the same secret in a way so nothing to feel bad about! [:p]

Afterall they can't say anything about you as they are in same boat!
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:08 pm
I still think it is really strange that we are not on it yet. We don't want to be, but it sort of puts doubts in your mind that it is real. I know it is as I have all the paperwork to prove it. I don't really want to be there for all to see. Just thinks it's odd. Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Til

Post by Til » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:11 pm
I know what you mean Kzzy 0 until we were on there it didn't seem 100% real - however now we are on there I don't want to be!

drowning-mummy

Post by drowning-mummy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:28 pm
Maybe they may miss you off Kazzy as an error. That would be good.
We are on it, but only for 15 months as BR. Not really fair that rule. Maybe with data protection going into overdrive it may come off for IVAers. I had to sign a data protection form saying I agreed, do IVAers?
"Theres always time to fly a kite....."

Visit my blog:
http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/?p=3

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:35 pm
Hi.I didn't have to sign a data protection act.Hate the register.It's so undermining somehow.Feels like a lepor list to me.Unclean and keep away [:)]

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:37 pm
I'm going to check paperwork to see if we did sign to allow details on the register.

Its annoying that you can be publicly listed for being in debt but not for crimes!

I'm not too worried about hubby's relative as like you all said, maybe they don't even know about the register.

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:37 pm
I never knew it existed until I joined this forum, although I knew of bankrupts appearing in the paper. Our IVA was approved a week ago and we aren't on there yet..I'm like others in that I need to know that it is 'real' I'm sure we will pop on there in the next week.

I rather sadly looked up Kerry Katona to see if they had hidden her details...they haven't.I can't help but think how dangerous it could be for her, as a celebrity, to have her home address published on the internet for anyone to see free of charge.

I think, if it is to be made public, then there should at the very least be a substantial fee for accessing the information to deter the general busy bodies from noseying around.
Completion Certificate received September 2012.
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”