Gt closure team how to contact

24 posts Page 1 of 2

Joanlaw

Post by Joanlaw » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 pm
Hi Finished IVA by full and final on the 4th of April.
Just want to find out where we are at time line to get completion letter.
Does anyone have closure team Email address.
Thanks Joan
IVA Completed
4th April 2012
CC came 18th Sept 2012

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:33 pm
Hi - you can email: iva.closures@uk.gt.com
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

shooter499

Post by shooter499 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 am
Hi
I have just read that your IVA was complete in April. Have you received your completion cert yet. I paid f/f in april and still not sorted. It obviously has been agreed and I have confirmation for GT I have been in touch via email and they informed me that we are at stage 2 of the closure. Wish they would hurry up. It will be 7 years next July since we first went into the IVA

paddy_hayes

Post by paddy_hayes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:11 pm
I'm interested in this as well. I made my last payment in April - have chased up every couple of months or so - the closures team received my case in June and was told 6 months. Called them up in December and there was no update. I sent an email on 31st December asking for a quick solution - my only response is that it is being dealt with, and I will get an update by January 28th. I've said this is not an acceptable procedure and asked for a timeline from now on. But they can't even give me a timeline, and apparently this is a satisfactory response from them.

So annoyed!

shooter499

Post by shooter499 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:38 pm
We have been told by GT that a PPI company is now looking into our situation to see if there is any more money to pay to our debtors. We have completed the forms from the PPI company and GT are going to give as an update 25 January. As you are aware we completed the IVA in april 2012 so I am presuming that it will be April 2013 or longer before it is finally closed. We are just waiting now for 25 January. There is not a lot we can do its just a waiting game. At least we know that it will be sorted one day. GT do seem to take a long time. If you persevere you will get a reply from them. I contacted customer services and they said that Closure team will reply within 10 working days. So if you sent an email they should have responded otherwise you need to contact customer services and inform them that you have not had a reply if this is the case. We are very annoyed also but there is not a lot we can do. Think its this PPI they have got a company working on their behalf to see if they can claim any further funds in our case. Good Luck

shooter499

Post by shooter499 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 pm
The C-W is a reply to Shooter499 don't know why I have 2 names

Dave Blythe

Post by Dave Blythe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:23 pm
i officially stopped paying into my IVA with grant thornton in jan 2012,i recognise that the closure team have a busy job to do, but if it wasnt for my emails every month or so after september 2012 asking for updates i would be non the wiser to how my closure certificate is progressing,now im getting hassled by a PPI company on behalf of Grant thornton to sign documents allowing them to claim on my behalf. i feel that i wouldnt need to have this unnecessary stress if id received the certificate in the 6months that i was told it would take to get it last january.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm
Hi Dave. Most companies have been blighted by this PPI fiasco causing closure delays. A couple have taken steps in reaching an agreement with creditors to be able to close cases, for all intents and purposes, pending ongoing PPI work.

Hopefully, now the precedent has been set and creditors seem happy with the idea, other firms, including GT, will follow the same route.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sterling

Post by sterling » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:52 pm
I'm in much the same situation in that I made my last payment in April 2012 and am non the wiser as to when I will finally complete. I worry about just how long closure can be held up. Can it, theoreticslly, go on indefinately? My proposal is quite clear that it must not take longer than 72 months, and this includes 6 months to tidy things up, but the only answer I have received is that they can extend the term. I'm sure this isn't true but what can I do?
I'm sure that it's widely believed that as we have stopped making payments then we shouldn't have anything to fret about. However, I'm sure I'm not alone in being a nervous wreck about the whole situation and know I will remain so until I actually get my completion certificate.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 pm
The worrying thing with GT, among others I am sure, is that they hold you to the responsibilities to hand over windfalls during the closure process, whereas many IPs take the view that, once all payments have been made, your money is yours.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm
If your proposal states that the IVA must conclude at the 72 month point, them the only way it can be extended is via a variation of terms - which you have to agree to. Clarify the position with your own IP if there is any uncertainty with regard to timelines.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

hopeful

Post by hopeful » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 am
Hate to worry you folks but we paid our F&F in January 2012 and we are still waiting for closure team to complete. I have emailed them 7 days ago for the umpteenth time to ask for a written timeline and to ask how i put in an official complaint as i am disgusted with their service but i have yet to hear ( no surprise there then ) For any newbies to the forum i would absolutely categorically not reccommend GT in any shape or form.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 am
Hi Hopeful. Have you tried emailing Karol on IVACustomerServices@uk.gt.com putting only "IVA Forum" in the subject line ?

If Karol cannot assist and / or provide you with details of the internal complaints procedure, then I am afraid the next step is to contact their regulators.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 pm
Hopefully Karol will pick up on this post and be able to respond off-line tomorrow.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

lou1982

Post by lou1982 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm
Hi Folks I'm in the same situation here completed full and final settlement Feb 2012 and I'm still awaiting closure certificate from Grant Thornton .. Very dissatisfied as I just want an update from them I have e-mailed and not getting any response !! Wondered if anyone can advise me on this as I just want to move on thanks
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “full and final settlements”