Happy New Year

7 posts Page 1 of 1

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:58 am
Happy New Year to one and all.
For us 2016 is focused on reducing our outgoings and preparing our home to welcome a four legged friend to it in May/June time.
Its been a really busy year for hubby and I as many facebook friends know and will continue to be so until May ... it's been a blast but an expensive one and we have racked up a little bit of debt again in following my dream ... so its back to basics, back to budgeting and remembering how we managed things in our iva ...we know we can do it, just need to focus ... bit like loosing weight!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:21 am
Happy New Year to you as well.

2016 for me is hoping that my health improves and I don't have to have any more surgery. Other than that I shall just plod along. We are managing fine moneywise at the moment but have some expenses coming up like replacing two double glazing panes and a fence panel.

Hope everyone has a great year.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:24 am
Happy New Year to you all. This is my first year starting debt-free and OMG it feels amazing. Hoping to clear Nightowl's IVA after the creditor's meeting on 11th Jan. Could never have been in this position without Melanie Giles and her setting up of the IVA though.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:19 pm
Happy new year to you all.

No plans for the year ahead but will continue to budget every month!!

Think a new car might be on the cards though(pre registered or nearly new).

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:32 pm
Happy New year to all. Hoping 2016 is going to be a good one

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:05 pm
Happy New Year all.

I enter 2016 as newly retired, on a much smaller income, but, thanks to the budgetting habit (and no more debt), we can manage nicely and, in due course, (assuming the government haven't abolished it by then) my State Pension kicking in will actually be a pay rise ! But that is more than a decade hence.

Keep jumping those hurdles :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:14 pm
Happy New Year and I hope 2016 continues to bring me good health. I now enjoy my job so am content within this since giving up teaching.

I hope 2016 brings you all you wish for and we all continue to support one another on the forum.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”