Harry - embarrassing animal but I love him!

26 posts Page 1 of 2

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 11, 2008 2:45 pm
Harry has bought us our first present - some sort of pond plant from next door's pond, roots and all! I heard Dave saying something in the living room, and when I went and had a look there was about 3 feet of weed on the rug!

I suppose it could have been worse, he could have brought use a koi carp - I can afford to pay for the plant, but not a carp!

I hope I don't see the neighbours for a while!
Last edited by Skippy on Sun May 11, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sun May 11, 2008 3:29 pm
SKIPPY - ITS ONLY BECAUSE HARRY LOVES YOU!

ARENT ANIMALS FUNNY QUIRKY CREATURES? BUT SO LOVABLE - SOMETIMES[:D]

BARB X
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Sun May 11, 2008 7:43 pm
[:D][:D]

How lovely for you!

I hope he didn't trail all dirt in as well.

I have to admit though I have just had a giggle at the thought of a big pond plant decorating your rug [:D][:D]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 11, 2008 7:56 pm
Oh yes, we had the wet earth as well!

The embarrassing thing is the people next door have got an immaculate garden and I'm just hoping he doesn't take a liking to anything else!

I love him to bits though - he's asleep on the back of the sofa behind me and I wouldn't be without him. When we got back from Portsmouth last night he strolled out of the bedroom - there was a big dent in the memory foam mattress where he'd obviously been asleep all evening!

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Sun May 11, 2008 8:13 pm
I'll bet because their garden is so immaculate that Harry will love nothing more than messing it up for them - give them something to do lol.
Nothing worse is there. It's not like you can explain to a cat that it is wrong to rip out garden plants and fish from ponds?

Good luck. (but hey at least he is not messing your garden up).[}:)][:I]

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun May 11, 2008 8:38 pm
Ah Skippy, Harry is bringing you a present, I'm sure that's what that means. When they bring in animals, they are hunting and providing for you and when thay bring in "other" things it's a present! [:D] He loves you. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 11, 2008 8:44 pm
Well I keep telling him he's a peace cat and mustn't kill anything, so perhaps that's why he brought me a plant!

No Marie, unfortunately we have the only cat who thinks it's a good idea to use his own garden as a toilet!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun May 11, 2008 8:46 pm
Nia, my cat, has also just started using our garden, well it's the bit between ours and next doors. Just means we don't have to scoop her poop anymore.[xx(]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 11, 2008 8:52 pm
We're still putting a litter tray down at night as I lock the cat flap at 9 - we get foxes around here and I don't want him getting hurt. We're going to take that up soon as well and hope for the best! Luckily he's a coward really so I don't think he'd try and fight - there was another cat in the garden and Harry retreated behind Dave's legs!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun May 11, 2008 8:56 pm
Ahh, poor Harry. When it was thundering before, Nia hid under the bed making a really wierd but cute noise. I had to sit on the bed til the weather was ok. She's scared of everything. We get foxes here, they are quiet big aswell. We haven't got a catflap, she's an indoor cat really and only goes in the garden. X

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 11, 2008 8:58 pm
Aaah, bless her! Harry is ok with storms if he is indoors - if not he comes rushing in through the cat flap as if his tail was on fire!

lily

Post by lily » Sun May 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Awww Bless skip looks like he likes life with you. Someone told me that cats think they own you and thats why they bring presents. I had a pigeons head off our adopted big cat,two days ago (hope it didnt die of bird flu, the rest of it was outside my back gate, yuk, yuk) she came with the house. I had her done, raised her babies cos she didnt have milk, needed two ops because she almost bleed to death, cost me a fortune in vets bills and she b*****s off for days but she does bring things in when she returns. I think she was ferral, their are many ferrels here as there is a large wood next to the cemetary. (very strange noises at night, which really worries me but she just wont stay in). I had her microchipped too, but she is not hearing a bar of being a pet.

Anyhow its fun, right, the things they do??? I am so glad you have him as I know how long you wanted him and what you have been through.
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 11, 2008 9:17 pm
I won't tell Harry about the pigeon's head - I don't want him getting any ideas! That is really disgusting!

We were told Harry could be part feral, and I do wonder as he makes some strange noises and gets into some strange positions - tummy on floor, ears back and then charges!

I wouldn't be without him now, and I'm just glad we could give him a home - he deserves one after being a stray.

How are your kitty cats getting on?

lily

Post by lily » Sun May 11, 2008 9:29 pm
Hi skip

Cole is a muncy as ever, love him to bits very laid back (getting the chop end of may, if things drop, you know?)

Syra is beautiful and fully recovered from being done. She has a strange fascination with water, loves the stuff. She is also still sucking towels and blankets. These two were hand reared.

Boris (BK) the pigeon killer, never done that before, by the way and it could have been a fox is a girl but we thought she was a boy so she is now called BK. Ferral I think but not sure the kids love her. I know its disgusting and I had to ask my neighbor to clean it up, really did freak me out.

Ruby, little ginger cat, my daughter adores her, doing well, still very small, lovely cat, loads of character. She has that, far too good for this place, excuse me do you know I'm half persian??? You half ferral, human raised, moggies, you, in her eyes. She gets her own way because she is too cute. Do you regret asking that question???

Anyhow, very happy kitties loving the garden, chasing everything that moves and each other, great fun.
Last edited by lily on Sun May 11, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 11, 2008 9:33 pm
I'm glad they're doing well - they all deserve loving homes and I think our animals have that!
26 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “pets corner”